Abit KN9 Sli Issue

kizz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I was given a computer with an Abit KN9 Sli Mobo, 1GB of Kingston DDR 800 Ram and a 250Gb Sata Hard drive. Some AMD Semphron Processor. (Not sure which kind.)

To the point:

Turns on, fans spin up and power led's on Mobo light up all fancy and nice.

No beep, no screen flash, no hugs, no bios, nothing. Fan on the 7900Gs spins and appears to have power.

Any ideas?

kizz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
This is an AMD motherboard. I have ensure that it itsn't ram, or psu. I believe either the mobo is fried or a bad CPU, I'm working to try a different cpu now.

My suggestion would be to remove the MB battery and default the CMOS jumper defaulting the BIOS. The system is old and the CPU or MB may be bad. Be sure a working speaker is connected to the front panel speaker header to sound BIOS error beep code. Remove all the system RAM and boot the computer. If BIOS does not beep indicating there is no RAM in the system, either the CPU or MB or both are bad.

kizz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I get a RAM error beep upon removing the RAM, so all hope isn't lost. I'm guessing it has to do with the PCIe Slots, and there is no on-board GFX to use, so I have tried both PCIe slots with mutiple slots. Any suggestions or ideas?