Sign in with
Your question

OC Genie

Last response: in Overclocking
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2012 4:12:27 AM

I just wanted to OC my cpu by just increasing the FSB, when I did that in bios it says it was OC to 3.7 or something like that and on Win 7 it was the default 3.4 I have a AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965. I just want to OC the CPU and not the RAM thats why I dont want to use OC genie. Or can I go into bios and configure the RAM my self. Or will OC genie just OC it again on the next reboot.

More about : genie

a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 4:18:01 AM

I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable person here about AMD OC'ing (I know next to nothing about OC'ing AMD CPU's), but with the 965BE, shouldn't you just be able to raise the CPU multiplier in the BIOS and it not touch or affect anything else?
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2012 4:20:30 AM

Thats what I thought. I just increased the FSB, and is BIOS it showed that it was OC but when I went to Windows and looked at my system properties, it was still at 3.4

DJDeCiBeL said:
I'll admit that I'm not the most knowledgeable person here about AMD OC'ing (I know next to nothing about OC'ing AMD CPU's), but with the 965BE, shouldn't you just be able to raise the CPU multiplier in the BIOS and it not touch or affect anything else?

m
l
Related resources
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 4:25:13 AM

abCasPeRR said:
Thats what I thought. I just increased the FSB, and is BIOS it showed that it was OC but when I went to Windows and looked at my system properties, it was still at 3.4

Try downloading CPU-Z to see what it says with those same settings. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

System properties may just still be showing stock speed no matter what you do.
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 28, 2012 4:28:37 AM

Yeah Ive had CPU Z and just ran it right now, It shows its OC'd in that but not on system properties.

DJDeCiBeL said:
Try downloading CPU-Z to see what it says with those same settings. http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

System properties may just still be showing stock speed no matter what you do.

m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
a c 110 K Overclocking
July 28, 2012 4:31:33 AM

abCasPeRR said:
Yeah Ive had CPU Z and just ran it right now, It shows its OC'd in that but not on system properties.

Yeah, it's OC'd then. System Properties is just wrong. System Properties never shows OC's for Intel CPU's anyway, but it usually does for AMD.

It doesn't really matter though, it's OC'd like it should be.
m
l
!