Sign in with
Your question

Mouse problems!!!

Last response: in Windows XP
July 24, 2012 3:51:00 PM

Hello,
So I did a test on my PC, a mouse test, I think I pressed F9 or maybe F12. Anyways, I did the mouse test and the mouse worked just fine. When I go to the actual log in screen, the mouse does not work! How can I fix this problem? Since the mouse doesn't work, I can't log in to do anything. Any help or advice would be much appreciated! This is on a desktop windows XP.

More about : mouse problems

a b \ Driver
July 24, 2012 4:36:45 PM

how about trying the TAB key on your keyboard. it might have to load the mouse drivers
July 24, 2012 4:50:23 PM

Emerald said:
how about trying the TAB key on your keyboard. it might have to load the mouse drivers

So would I just press the tab button when it starts up, or when?
Related resources
a b \ Driver
July 25, 2012 6:47:56 AM

at the login screen
July 25, 2012 3:04:21 PM

That doesn't work. The mouse is stuck with the arrow just the left of the log in names. So tabbing doesn't help. Any other ideas??
a b \ Driver
July 25, 2012 7:11:13 PM

are you saying the keyboard is not reacting either?

are all the USB settings enabled in the BIOS?
July 25, 2012 8:02:34 PM

Emerald said:
are you saying the keyboard is not reacting either?

are all the USB settings enabled in the BIOS?

I guess the keyboard is not reacting either. It does when I first start the computer, I can go into safe mode and I can test the mouse and everything works fine there, EXCEPT when I go to log in, even in safe mode, the mouse will not work. The keyboard lights up when it's at the log in screen. As far as the last question goes, I am not sure. How do I check that?
!