Mouse problems!!!

Hello,
So I did a test on my PC, a mouse test, I think I pressed F9 or maybe F12. Anyways, I did the mouse test and the mouse worked just fine. When I go to the actual log in screen, the mouse does not work! How can I fix this problem? Since the mouse doesn't work, I can't log in to do anything. Any help or advice would be much appreciated! This is on a desktop windows XP.
answers
Last reply
More about mouse problems
  1. how about trying the TAB key on your keyboard. it might have to load the mouse drivers
  2. Emerald said:
    how about trying the TAB key on your keyboard. it might have to load the mouse drivers

So would I just press the tab button when it starts up, or when?
  3. at the login screen
  4. That doesn't work. The mouse is stuck with the arrow just the left of the log in names. So tabbing doesn't help. Any other ideas??
  5. are you saying the keyboard is not reacting either?

are all the USB settings enabled in the BIOS?
  6. Emerald said:
    are you saying the keyboard is not reacting either?

are all the USB settings enabled in the BIOS?

I guess the keyboard is not reacting either. It does when I first start the computer, I can go into safe mode and I can test the mouse and everything works fine there, EXCEPT when I go to log in, even in safe mode, the mouse will not work. The keyboard lights up when it's at the log in screen. As far as the last question goes, I am not sure. How do I check that?
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Mice Login Windows XP