Sign in with
Your question

P7P55-M No sound

Last response: in Motherboards
July 27, 2010 10:06:49 PM

Updated bios to 0902 (as suggested by XFX to fix a graphics issue). Didn't fix it - and now I have no sound. Windows and EZgate detect card, bios says it's enabled - but no sound comes out. Checked speakers work on a different PC. Any ideas?

More about : p7p55 sound

July 28, 2010 4:00:35 AM

A bios update shouldnt affect a pcie soundcard which is what im guessing you have by your comment.

Onboard audio could be affected.

If it is onboard audio, reinstall your audio drivers with the latest version off your mobo's website.

If it is a soundcard, first try disabling onboard audio in your bios, this setting could have changed with the update.

Second, remove and reinstall the card allow it to be redetected and then install the latest drivers from the manufacturers website.

Worst case you may have to rollback your bios revision. But as I said, a bios update shouldnt really affect a 3rd party sound card.
July 28, 2010 9:44:21 AM

Sorry, it's onboard sound that's been affected. Newest drivers are installed, windows detects it, just no sound coming out.
Related resources
July 28, 2010 9:59:11 AM

newest drivers from your motherboard support page or elsewhere?

Check to ensure onboard audio is enabled in your bios.

If those two are right your more than likely going to have to chase your problem through windows, control panel/ sound. Have you right clicked and show disable devices?

July 28, 2010 10:37:50 AM

Newest drivers from motherboard page. On board is enable in bios. Windows detects it, drivers are installed correctly - as far as Windows (and dxdiag) is concerned the soundcard is working correctly.
July 28, 2010 3:09:48 PM

Try to disable the ATI HDMI OUTPUT and activate Speakers
July 28, 2010 3:16:43 PM

I'm using an Nvidia card, and there's no option for sound other than HDA controller.
!