My new 5870 won't boot twice?!?!?!?!

G

I bought a new 5870 but it wouldn't boot so i was working on it for a couple days and then it randomly worked when i didn't do anything. But when i shut down the computer when i was done gaming :bounce: it wouldn't re-boot. Pleasse help my because i can't return the card. By the way i have a 600 watt psu and it doesn't work when i dissconect my fans and two dvd rw sata drives it still doesn't work. my motherboard is the asus m3n72-d ddr2

not working =5870's fan running full blast , nothing shows up on screen but hard disk light is working

leon2006

Distinguished
What brand is your 600W PSU? With that card you need a Known Good brand PSU such as Antec, Crosair, Enermax...etc. Brand-x type power supply won't cut it.

Did you un-install the old driver and loaded the latest driver from ATI website?

G

I have a kingwin mach 1 power supply i think the problem is that the card isn't grounded becasuse i have to wait for the card to be drained before i could boot up correctly again. and yes i installed the old drivers and i even got the card running my games at ultra high resolutions that my nvidia 9500gt couldn't even run the game. I even re built my computer to try to fix it but the same problem happened it worked but then if i reboot it wouldn't work.

I say get a new PSU. Yeah even tho the Kingwin Mach 1 may be a Tier 3 PSU, it seems to have a bit of an issue with the -12v. You also just could have gotten a defective unit, which does happen. Of course getting such units is more common from cheapo manufacturers like Kingwin.

I had something similar happen to me the other day. After trying to reseat the card and a few other things, I noticed I had a 2nd computer turned on right next to it on the same power strip.

I turned that computer off, and all of a sudden, the monitor responded to my computer. It's possible something else had changed, but it would appear I was using too much power from one power strip.