Sign in with
Your question

Build my rig.. :D

Last response: in Systems
January 3, 2010 8:49:41 PM

So i have decided to build a new desktop for my personal uses (watching movies, playing games{not much}).....as old one is dieing .....

I have a very limted buget so can,t even spend even a buck more then that ...

Here is wat i think would be ok....

Amd Athlon II x2 240

msi 770-C45

Visiontek Hd 4870 512mb ddr5

2 gb,s of gkill ddr3 ram (1333mhz)

BenQ g2220 (monitor)

Using my old coolermaster case & coolermaster extreme power 500watt......

So wat do u guys think ...... ?????

Any advice ??? :) 

amd athlon II r Am3 processors so i guess they supports ddr3 too as phenom II ???

Today Bought BenQ g2220(monitor)
I already hav win7 64bit my buget is around 13.5 k inr (indian rupees) for processor , mobo and gfx card...?

And a friend is selling me his Visiontek 4870 512mb for Rs 6,100/- (just abt 4 months old and is in mint condition)- new one is for Rs 8,200 in india for i guess card is quiet final for the price......

now is AII x2 240 is fine for all my needs???.. now i think i can do some fine gaming bcoz of my gfx card ????

More about : build rig

January 3, 2010 9:08:10 PM

go with 4 ghz of ram

also that processor doens't support that ram speed, so you'd need to underclock it
m
l
January 4, 2010 1:56:40 AM

Yeah, ram seems like overkill.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

I'd rather have 4gbs of RAM at a slower speed than those with the higher speed. I'm not sure if the CPU even supports 1333mhz so as Uh_no said you'd have to underclock.
And if you're not into games, go with this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

That'll handle everything great even at a 1680x1050 resolution. Everything else looks fine...

next time you should mention your budget and be a little more specific (I couldn't even find the RAM you listed on newegg) and you might get more support.
m
l
January 4, 2010 3:50:13 AM

Well if we had a budget and what parts you need, than we can help you better.
What is your budget??
What parts do you need??
Do you need an OS??
Did you own the monitor, or is that one of the parts you needed?
m
l
!