Help please sapphire 7850

scugyalex

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Hello!

i just build myself a few days ago a new system with sapphire 7850(the normal version not the OC one) and i have a problem while playing some games.
in crysis warhead,crysis2 and deus ex (these games so far) i get sometimes a black screen in the middle of the game.the game doesn't crash it just goes black for 1,2 seconds.
in other games like skyrim,me3,prototype 2,ac reveletion this didn't happen. all the games were at 1080p all high.
the temp didn't go over 60C

so i ran furmark for more than an hour and so and nothing happened.the temp in furmark was about 75C

could it be some driver/software compatibility with these games or there might be something wrong with the card ???

please help

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

maybe try raising voltage a little bit? I noticed this happens too in pretty demanding games if you don't have the required voltage. Raise by like 0.025.
mine didn't crash in Dirt 2 or in furmark or 3dmark but witcher 2 "crashed" (5 seconds freeze until driver recovered or something) a lot of times every few mins of gameplay until I raised voltage a little bit.