Sign in with
Your question

No idea where to start pumpin'

Last response: in Overclocking
July 29, 2012 2:12:26 AM

Hello.

First of all I'd like to ask if there is a buying guide for watercooling components?

Secondly, what sort of pumps are there? Where could I start looking for a pump?

I plan on build one loop for my cpu, which will be a i7-3930k oc'd to somewhere around 4.5ghz.
IF Intel make 2011 socket unlocked xeons, then I'll most likely get a EVGA SR-x/SR-3, which is a dual cpu motherboard.

Are pumps generally strong enough to pump multiple cpu blocks?

I was thinking of purchasing 2-3 GTX 680's (780s perhaps by then), or maybe ghz edition 7970's if they come common in stock and was thinking that I should WC them on a different loop.

So I need 2 cpu pumps, one to pump 1, possibly 2 cpus with bigger tubing fittings preferable, and another suited for multiple gpu's (strong enough to power 4 perhaps).

I'll also need a weak/cheap one to wc my RAM, I know it's not necessary, but I'm building a desk (cross between l3p, harbinger and swordfish) and I'm gonna have my components under my desk top so I want it to look nice with tubings going all over my components.

Also gonna have a 360mm rad (3*120mm) for each loop, and a small single rad for the ram.

Reservoirs are 50cm by 5cm diameter (if only I could find thicker ones).

Please don't hassle me about my components, I only mentioned them so you could get an idea of the work I need these pumps to do.

More about : idea start pumpin

July 29, 2012 6:32:03 AM

You will only need 1 pump for all of that. Unless you want to go a dual loop setup.
There is also a section in the sticky that gives reviews of pumps, later on in the sticky is also has links to where to buy them.
Pumps
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 29, 2012 11:23:25 AM

Quote:
I'd like to ask if there is a buying guide for watercooling components?
:)  please read the sticky to get the answers to all the above questions. Located in my sig.

Quote:
what sort of pumps are there? Where could I start looking for a pump?
:)  sticky

and the last question :sticky

might want to look at a D5 unit or an MCP35x by swiftech.

an eheim will also power 2 cpu's 2 rads and a gpu - (last i checked with aquacomputer)
Related resources
July 29, 2012 4:52:54 PM

Lutfij said:
Quote:
I'd like to ask if there is a buying guide for watercooling components?
:)  please read the sticky to get the answers to all the above questions. Located in my sig.

Quote:
what sort of pumps are there? Where could I start looking for a pump?
:)  sticky

and the last question :sticky

might want to look at a D5 unit or an MCP35x by swiftech.

an eheim will also power 2 cpu's 2 rads and a gpu - (last i checked with aquacomputer)

Thank you and barthalamoo, I didn't know the sticky was updated to version 2.
a b à CPUs
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 29, 2012 5:25:16 PM

:)  thas why I updated my sig to mention that!
a b à CPUs
a c 324 K Overclocking
July 30, 2012 1:30:29 PM

You really should consider ditching the idea of watercooling your RAM...it's pointless and overly restrictive for a loop when it doesn't need to be.
August 6, 2012 8:00:06 AM

if you are planning on looking at it instead of cooling your ram, sleeve all your cables so they fit a colour scheme. everyone loves a well executed colour scheme.
!