Hard Drive Crashed Lost Everything!

Yes, it is true...
While I was playing a really great game...
All my Sims, nieghborhoods, games, etc..... Gone...

Sigh......

Got new hard drive, working on re-installation....
Just wanted to express my frustration....

(I do NOT have any reason to believe the game had anything to do with this,
just coinidence that I was playing at the time that it crashed. The computer
was three years old, so... my fault for not backing up on external hard
drive. I have learned my lesson.)
8 answers Last reply
More about hard drive crashed lost everything

    Only 3 yrs old? I know, in today's technological age that seems old, but to
    me that is not that old. My 98se computer is 5 yrs old and I would still be
    using it had not someone given me a free computer, lol. This one is
    probably at least 2 yrs old. Not sure about you, but who can afford a new
    computer every 3 years.
    Was it just a hard drive that went?

    "Yea, Me!" <news@jennifererix.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, it is true...
    > While I was playing a really great game...
    > All my Sims, nieghborhoods, games, etc..... Gone...
    >
    > Sigh......
    >
    > Got new hard drive, working on re-installation....
    > Just wanted to express my frustration....
    >
    > (I do NOT have any reason to believe the game had anything to do with
    this,
    > just coinidence that I was playing at the time that it crashed. The
    computer
    > was three years old, so... my fault for not backing up on external hard
    > drive. I have learned my lesson.)

    "Yea, Me!" <news@jennifererix.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, it is true...
    > While I was playing a really great game...
    > All my Sims, nieghborhoods, games, etc..... Gone...
    >
    > Sigh......
    >
    > Got new hard drive, working on re-installation....
    > Just wanted to express my frustration....
    >
    > (I do NOT have any reason to believe the game had anything to do with
    > this,
    > just coinidence that I was playing at the time that it crashed. The
    > computer
    > was three years old, so... my fault for not backing up on external hard
    > drive. I have learned my lesson.)

    That sad. I know I should back my my sims save game to CD burner...I don't
    care if any other games but Sims no way...

    I had horrid luck when I used external HDs, they are not very stable nor do
    they last long. I finally broke down and got a decent sized internal HD and
    :::Knock on Wood::::::: Things are much smoother

    AM~

    --
    AnaMaree Ordway
    Arbonne Consultant #15091732

    On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 15:09:51 -0700, "AnaMaree" <anamaree@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >I had horrid luck when I used external HDs, they are not very stable nor do
    >they last long. I finally broke down and got a decent sized internal HD and
    >:::Knock on Wood::::::: Things are much smoother

    Please explain: why are they not stable? I've had them for yeras
    without any problems.

    I went through 3 of them, not a one of them lasted over a year. Sometimes
    they would not even be recognized in booting up. Maybe I got 3 lemons in a
    row? I just know I will not go down that path again, 3rd time was not a
    charm for me!

    Glad your luck has been better, I know what a pain it is to lose EVERYTHING!

    AM~

    On Sun, 1 May 2005 15:35:14 -0700, "AnaMaree" <anamaree@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >I went through 3 of them, not a one of them lasted over a year. Sometimes

    That's what I don't understand, a HD is a HD whether external or
    internal. Unless one use them to play football with they should last
    just as long as internal ones.

    >they would not even be recognized in booting up. Maybe I got 3 lemons in a

    No I doubt that, but if we are talking USB and Windows that could be a
    driver problem or a BIOS setting. I've heard about problems with USB
    on MSI K8T mainboards but I haven't tested it as I no longer touch
    anything but Epox boards:-)

    >Glad your luck has been better, I know what a pain it is to lose EVERYTHING!

    So do I, that's why I have backups on everything from CD's to external
    HD's. I haven't tried floppies yet, imagine how much fun it would be
    to take backup of 600GB on floppies:-)

    I remember my first computer, about a 140 MB drive?? Total back up on
    floppy, can't remember how many but the box was HUGE! Then onto zip disks,
    now finally DVD/CD burners YEAH!

    600? dang, thought my 240 was good sized, what do you do with 600? Of
    course I said that about my first GB LOL

    On Sat, 7 May 2005 19:22:06 -0700, "AnaMaree" <anamaree@charter.net>
    wrote:

    >I remember my first computer, about a 140 MB drive?? Total back up on

    My first one was 120MB, people thought I was crazy as I couldn't
    possibly need such an oversized HD:-)

    >floppy, can't remember how many but the box was HUGE! Then onto zip disks,
    >now finally DVD/CD burners YEAH!
    >
    >600? dang, thought my 240 was good sized, what do you do with 600? Of
    >course I said that about my first GB LOL

    I store data on them:-) I have three internal disks of 200GB each, and
    one of 40GB which I use only for the operating system. As I never
    store program on drive C, if Windows decides to crash all I have to do
    to get it working again is to restore a Ghost image, that way I never
    have to worry about losing data. I use external HD's for backups.

Sims Games Hard Drives Video Games