Not responding

gertsnky

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Hello,
On my Dell XP, I get into my banking software and can move from screen to screen. I then go into BILL PAY and nothing happens. When I bring up task manager it says not responding. I then go to my wife's HP Laptop and do the same thing and it works. Why doesn't that the BILL PAY option work on my DELL? What is stopping that piece from working? Is it a firewall problem, registry problem?

Reinstall the application.

gertsnky

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
thanks ksiemb....but this is an online website. Nothing loaded on my machine. other tabs work, bill pay does not. It was working a week ago and now it doesn't and it still works on my wife's laptop. I have not loaded anything on the machine in a long while.

Joesjet
Thanks but I don't know what you mean by right click the exe and go to compatibility?

Sorry,

- Not responding error indicates the app at the website is having a problem.

And It wasn't me that said right click ! They also thought you were running an app on your machine, vs being on a site.

Are you using the same browser & logon to the website on both machines ? Are you using a shortcut to get to the site ? Try typing the website address to get there and go to billpay. If that works, create another shortcut. Have you looked in security & firewall logs for errors ?

gertsnky

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks Joelsjet,
Don't know what you mean by right click the exe and go to compatibility? This is an online website that I get to by typing the website name in the search area on google and then selecting the banks website.

gertsnky

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012

Thanks again....sorry for the right click comment....was replying to Joelsjet at the same time I was replying to your email.

No, I don't have a shortcut. I type the banks name on the google search screen and select the appropriate site I need to go into. I do this on both machines and both machines have the same browser and logon. It's just weird that this is the only option that doesn't work. I can go into all of my accounts, review, do transfers from one account to another and get my messages but the only thing I can't do on my machine is bill pay.

No, I haven't looked in the security and firewall logs but I will do that.