  • CD-Rom
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
April 21, 2005 11:12:29 AM

I have the DVD version of Sims 2. It is very slow on startup. Does
anyone have any experience as to whether the CD runs quicker and
smoother or do they run about the same?

thanks,
sharon

More about : dvd

Anonymous
April 21, 2005 11:58:22 PM

As far as i know they run about the same. A lot has to do with your system
specs too. Also it has to do with how many 3rd party objects you have in
your game. The more objects you have, the slower it will be getting
started.

"sharonx9" <sharonx9@alltel.net> wrote in message
>I have the DVD version of Sims 2. It is very slow on startup. Does
> anyone have any experience as to whether the CD runs quicker and
> smoother or do they run about the same?
>
> thanks,
> sharon
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:46:36 AM

-->As far as i know they run about the same. A lot has to do with your system
-->specs too. Also it has to do with how many 3rd party objects you have in
-->your game. The more objects you have, the slower it will be getting
-->started.

-->>I have the DVD version of Sims 2. It is very slow on startup. Does
-->> anyone have any experience as to whether the CD runs quicker and
-->> smoother or do they run about the same?
-->>

My computer is a 2.0ghz with 768mb RAM.

sharon
April 24, 2005 6:22:48 PM

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:12:29 -0400, sharonx9 <sharonx9@alltel.net> wrote:

> I have the DVD version of Sims 2. It is very slow on startup. Does
> anyone have any experience as to whether the CD runs quicker and
> smoother or do they run about the same?

It's the same program. After you install, it uses the disk only to check
that you have an original game. It does not actually use the CD or DVD
while playing.

good sign." -G
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 7:08:23 PM

Mine was extrememly slow. NICE uncle sent me his "old" pute and I now have
128 mb video and things are so fast, colors are better, and I can see the
movies I never knew where there before.

OH, I can also invite 8 people to a party instead of only 2 and my game
saves in 2 seconds instead of 15 mintues!

AM~

--
AnaMaree Ordway
Arbonne Consultant #15091732
"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
news:o pspqkoa0gb52ai9@news.online.no...
> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:12:29 -0400, sharonx9 <sharonx9@alltel.net> wrote:
>
>> I have the DVD version of Sims 2. It is very slow on startup. Does
>> anyone have any experience as to whether the CD runs quicker and
>> smoother or do they run about the same?
>
> It's the same program. After you install, it uses the disk only to check
> that you have an original game. It does not actually use the CD or DVD
> while playing.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 3:39:05 PM

I also had this problem with the CD version, but I now use the no cd hack
and it runs a lot quicker on startup :)

"AnaMaree" <anamaree@charter.net> wrote in message
> Mine was extrememly slow. NICE uncle sent me his "old" pute and I now
> have 128 mb video and things are so fast, colors are better, and I can see
> the movies I never knew where there before.
>
> OH, I can also invite 8 people to a party instead of only 2 and my game
> saves in 2 seconds instead of 15 mintues!
>
> AM~
>
> --
> AnaMaree Ordway
> Arbonne Consultant #15091732
> www.anamaree.myarbonne.com
> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> news:o pspqkoa0gb52ai9@news.online.no...
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:12:29 -0400, sharonx9 <sharonx9@alltel.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have the DVD version of Sims 2. It is very slow on startup. Does
>>> anyone have any experience as to whether the CD runs quicker and
>>> smoother or do they run about the same?
>>
>> It's the same program. After you install, it uses the disk only to check
>> that you have an original game. It does not actually use the CD or DVD
>> while playing.
>>
>> --
>> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
>> good sign." -G

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 6:25:00 PM

-->I also had this problem with the CD version, but I now use the no cd hack
-->and it runs a lot quicker on startup :)
-->

Where did u get the No-CD patch? I've searched and none that I've found
work for me...

sharon
!