Solution
I just built an HTPC (which is my main PC as well), and I didn't include a BluRay drive. I don't think the cost is worth it yet, and since most things are still on DVDs, there isn't a need to spend more on the drive and on the disc yet.

I will add one later once BluRay is mainstream. IMO, if your PC is not being used as an HTPC (or it is and you don't own many BluRay discs), a BluRay drive is completely unnecessary.
I just built an HTPC (which is my main PC as well), and I didn't include a BluRay drive. I don't think the cost is worth it yet, and since most things are still on DVDs, there isn't a need to spend more on the drive and on the disc yet.

I will add one later once BluRay is mainstream. IMO, if your PC is not being used as an HTPC (or it is and you don't own many BluRay discs), a BluRay drive is completely unnecessary.

Solution

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

what case did you use for your htpc? As of now the ps3 is sufficient as my PC doesnt have a BD rom. I only have 4 BD movies and it would be useless... also Im sure watching BD movies would eventually take a toll on the GPU... would you know if this is true?