New build compability

Hi there
Im making a new build( I sold my camera and now i have more money) and i just want to know if it´s compatible

Case-Antec 300
CPU- Amd Phenom II 965 BE
GPU- Saphire HD 5770 1 GB DDR 5(cf later)
mobo-Asus m4a79t deluxe
Ram- OCZ Obsidian dual channel ddr3 1600 mhz 1.35 voltage
Drive- Wirtemaster 22x samsung drive
LCD- Samsung Syncmaster 940 NW
HDD- One HDD Western Digital SATA-2 500Gb 7200rpm 32Mb Black
Cooler-All Stock
PSU- Corsair TX 650W
8 answers Last reply
More about build compability
  1. Yes, its compatibile. If you follow the thread in my signature, we can probably improve the build for you.

One easy change I can give you right now is to switch the WD HDD for a Samsung Spinpoint F3. It's cheaper, and is the best HDD out right now.
  2. APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: in 3 days i have to ship the componentes
    SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming , watching TV shows , surfing the web , working in office , using photoshop
    PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, drive, lcd , speakers, mouse( sorry i only know that the drive is a Samsung wrystemaster 22x and that the LCD is a samsung syncamster 940 NW 19" monitor the rest is white branded stuff)
    PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: pixmania
    COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Portugal
    PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD cpu , asus or gygabyte mobo , ati card decente case with a lot of space ,corsair PSU ,any braded ram since it has 1600 mhz
    OVERCLOCKING: Yes ( before i get the second card 6% oc) Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes
    MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1444x900 AA2x or 0x i don´t really care about AA or ASF i´m not much of a demanding gamer as i gamed with the lowest-end cards on earth.
    ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: The pc can be as loud as a train if it performs well , i need a good case and mobo for stable CF
    I think that´s it
  3. Sorry i din´t put the bidget in there , i was in a hurry
    Budget 700 euros
  4. It should all be compatible.

Might save a little money going with the Antec 200 instead of the 300.

You wouldnt want to overclock that CPU much on the stock cooler.
  5. Yes i know , i chosed this cpu because i don´t want to oc if i wanted i woulkd choose i5
    Quote:
    Yes, its compatibile. If you follow the thread in my signature, we can probably improve the build for you.

Mad admiral i see you are very good with builds . Can you help me improve this one please?i´ve filled out the form you asked for
  6. I don't know European prices, but I'll give you some US ones for comparision purposes. Changes I can see right off the bat:

Case: Since you're going to overclock, I'd look into getting either an Antec 300 Illusion (a 300 that has an extra 2 fans) or a HAF 922. The HAF is a huge mid tower (it's only slightly smaller than a full tower) and it has excellent cooling. The Illusion should only be a little more expensive, while the HAF will probably be quite a bit more expensive.

Mobo: I'd switch to an ASUS M479XTD EVO. It's cheaper, but you don't need 4 PCIe 2.0 slots. Crossfiring only scales well with 2 cards. Anything above that is a waste of money, thus so is paying more for a board that allows you to do it. Also, there isn't a noticeable difference in slots that operate at 16x/16x in Crossfire when compared to those that operate at 8x/8x.

RAM: Make sure the RAM is CAS Latency 7 (or timings are 7-7-7-x). If it's 8 or 9, you might want to drop down to 1333 mhz sticks. Speed isn't as important as the timings. If you still have budget left over, there are 1600 mhz sticks that have CL 7, but generally they're $25-50 more expensive than the 1333 mhz ones.

HDD: Switch to a Samsung Spinpoint F3 500 GB. Over here in the US, it's cheaper, and it's faster, cooler, quieter, and just plain better. If you can't find any of those, the Seagate 7200.12 is the next best choice. WD is a far third.

If there's still budget left, get a CPU cooler. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 is a great inexpensive cooler and will help you overclock the CPU. It's about $30 over here.

Again, I'm not sure on prices, but a rough conversion for the 700 euros is $1,000. For that, you could try to get an i5-750 build. Changes (other than the above) would be:

CPU: i5-750 It's a $15-20 change over here.

Mobo: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro About the same price as your original board. This one has true USB 3.0 and SATA 6 GBps support. Other boards only have this enabled if you don't Crossfire.

Everything esle would work with the Intel build.

In either build, if you've got about 70 euros ($100) left in the budget, you might be able to upgrade the GPU to an HD 5850. If possible, do so. I would say that this comes before the CPU cooler.

Are those still under budget?
  7. Upgrading to a 22"monitor :D
    Antec 200- 43€
    HD 5850- 222€
    Pack 2x 2048Mb DDR3 GSkill PC3-12800 (1600) CL7 ECO 1.35v- 112,90€
    HDD- Samsung Spinpoint F3 46,67€
    Amd Phenom II 965 BE(massive discount)- 140€
    ASUS M4A79XTD EVO- 100€
    Corsair TX 650W-84,8€
    Total-749,9 €(cheper rwith the vx 550W PSU)
    My post was a little ambiguous im sorry , i was going to aplly only a minor 5% oc no the gpu but no on the cpu or rams , now that im going to place this gpu i don´t need it, So antec 200 and 965 be will be fine.965 BE=I5 in stock...
    My questions:
    1-is it compatible?
    2- Will the CPU bottleneck?
  8. Yes, it is all compatible.

Nope. The only time any CPU bottlenecks is when it's done artificially for comparision purposes.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build New Build Systems Product