stuart

How do I get windows explorer to default to my documents
when it is opened? It always defaults to c: drive. I haev
gone through all the menus but can't find the correct
option.

Thanks

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 06:44:49 -0700, stuart wrote:

> How do I get windows explorer to default to my documents
> when it is opened? It always defaults to c: drive. I haev
> gone through all the menus but can't find the correct
> option.
>
> Thanks

Most folks want to go the other way - change Windows Explorer to opening at
C: instead of My Documents. But we each have our own personal preferences.

If you have not altered the Windows Explorer shortcut in the Start Menu
(Start> (All) Programs> Accessories> Windows Explorer)
it should still be opening at My Documents when clicked. Copy that shortcut
to wherever it's convenient for you.

Alternatively, create a new shortcut.
Use
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe