1Ghz hd6850

hello everyone, i bought my hd6850 ( dual dissipation)14 days ago and i made a little overclock (920/1100) without change any voltages and i was thinking in make a overclocked to 1ghz ( 1000 clock core / 1125 memory core ) and this will need increase voltage , i dont know if anyone can answer that but how long my card will probably live with this overclock ? ... keeping the temps bellow than 77°C ...

photo of my gpu
17 answers Last reply
More about 1ghz hd6850
  1. if it isn't overheating it should still last a long while yet
  2. Not every chip will hit that speed.
  3. what are the effects when increase the voltages ? ?( just heat ? )
  4. The more voltage you have, the faster your chip will degrade.
  5. default somthing like 790-820 for the mhz and the memory like 4000

i think it max's out at 1 mhz, i have run it at this speed. it gets hot.

i found the butter zone to be 850-900 mhz
    memory 4200
  6. ^how hot?
  7. amuffin said:
    The more voltage you have, the faster your chip will degrade.

then any voltage increase is killing the card correct ?
  8. running your card is killing your card, the more volts, the faster it dies, but a slight increase wont be the end of the world... when you start going at it like LN2 overclockers, then you will kill your card in a hurry
  9. ok ... just wanna know because my card is pretty new and i don't wanna kill him to fast , this should last a little more than 1 one year is what i am expecting
  10. oh god, you will for sure get well over 1 year even overclocked
  11. i am having a problem to make the overclock to 1Ghz ... my saphhire trix somehow dont go beyond 1.2v and msi afterburner when i enable the unofficial oc mode dont show any clock values ...
  12. afterburner usually dosent support other manufacturers overclocked cards, so you may be out of luck
  13. nna2 said:
    afterburner usually dosent support other manufacturers overclocked cards, so you may be out of luck

my card its not black edition , is standart without overclock
  14. victorl2 said:
    my card its not black edition , is standart without overclock

so it has a blower style fan?
    usually reference/MSI designs are the ones supported
  15. nna2 said:
    so it has a blower style fan?
    usually reference/MSI designs are the ones supported

standart the i means is stock clocks ( without overclock ) ,my gpu has 2 coolers from xfx like the photo of first img
  16. victorl2 said:
    standart the i means is stock clocks ( without overclock ) ,my gpu has 2 coolers from xfx like the photo of first img

ah i see, but i doubt MSI afterburner will unlock for you because it's non reference from XFX
  17. nna2 said:
    ah i see, but i doubt MSI afterburner will unlock for you because it's non reference from XFX

what is weird is the i saw some people making overclock with sapphire trixx and increase the voltage for 1.3V max and here just go to 1.2V, i can't reach even 950 gpu clock with this voltage
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Core