Sign in with
Your question

Computer slow boot after re-start, no beep (post)

Last response: in Windows XP
July 25, 2012 5:42:07 PM

pc ok on first start. When I restart, after install or form start menu, no beep info screen then black screen with no splash. Faintly in the background I can see the windows logo. after some five to eight minutes windows logo screen gradually apperas and pc start ok.
July 25, 2012 6:31:37 PM

It happens on all your installs, or only with the last thing U installed?
First, check Event viewer(Computer management in Control panel) for anything related to this, and post back
If it happened recently, try a system restore(start>run>msconfig>system restore)
Try defragmenting the hard drive !!!
Run a chkdsk from cmd, for more info type chkdsk /?
Do a start>run>sfc /scannow
Go to start>run msconfig > services. Uncheck things U don't need and aren't vital.
Go to start>run>msconfig>general>load basic devices,bla,bla.... click ok and try to restart, does it do the same?

:hello: 
July 26, 2012 4:09:10 AM

try to remove your memory and put again....
Related resources
July 26, 2012 4:32:53 AM

Check your recently installed hardware or software which may not be installed properly.
July 26, 2012 11:25:35 AM

me 1 said:
First, check Event viewer(Computer management in Control panel) for anything related to this, and post back
If it happened recently, try a system restore(start>run>msconfig>system restore)
Go to start>run msconfig > services. Uncheck things U don't need and aren't vital.
Go to start>run>msconfig>general>load basic devices,bla,bla.... click ok and try to restart, does it do the same?

did restore originally, no joy. scannow, no joy. msconfig still the same with basic settings. and nothing that would seem to interfere with windows. I did note after making changes in msconfig and pressing ok small progress window came on screen saying "windows media connect will start" but it didn't and I had to select restart and of course the inevitable wait.

Just to recap. When I do a shutdown either from the start menu or task manager the pc will start up ok. It is only when I do a restart from the start menu or after install of prog and option appears to say restart that windows hangs for a few minutes and then starts.

Sorry to be a richard head
July 26, 2012 11:27:21 AM

me 1 said:

did restore originally, no joy. scannow, no joy. msconfig still the same with basic settings. and nothing that would seem to interfere with windows. I did note after making changes in msconfig and pressing ok small progress window came on screen saying "windows media connect will start" but it didn't and I had to select restart and of course the inevitable wait.

Just to recap. When I do a shutdown either from the start menu or task manager the pc will start up ok. It is only when I do a restart anytime from the start menu or after install of prog and option appears to say restart that windows hangs for a few minutes and then starts.

Sorry to be a richard head
July 26, 2012 11:38:33 AM

princesiddiqui said:
Check your recently installed hardware or software which may not be installed properly.

Hi thanx 4 reply. no recent installs of HW. All SW is ok.
July 26, 2012 12:56:01 PM

popongpopong said:
try to remove your memory and put again....

Hi everything seems ok thanks for your interest
July 26, 2012 5:47:08 PM

:hello:  Hi all good news. PC ok now. I tried a fix MBR following inst from MSoft site, a couple of glitches and not too sure of what I was doing but on restart perfect. Tried several times since and all successful all seems well now. Thank you all for your interest lovely peeps and keep up the good work :bounce: 
!