Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASUS P6X58D-E mobo not recognizing all of my RAM

Last response: in Motherboards
July 28, 2010 10:08:45 PM

hey guys, I recently bought and assambled my own PC, and everything works fine except that my Mobo is not recognizing all of my RAM on the first run (I mean every day when I come home from work and turn on the pc).
I have 3X 2GB of RAM (6GB) but when I turn on my PC and I go straight to the BIOS, it shows me I only have 4 GB installed. Then I turn off the PC, detach one of the RAM, stick it back again, turn on the PC again,and then it does recognize the 6GB
I tried different slots with all 3 RAM to see if there was something wrong with one of them, but it seems all of the work fine in any slot except for when I turn the PC for the first time during the day.
BTW the RAM I'm using is G.SKILL NQ Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800)

any help will be appreciated!
July 29, 2010 2:36:37 AM

AlexMGD said:
hey guys, I recently bought and assambled my own PC, and everything works fine except that my Mobo is not recognizing all of my RAM on the first run (I mean every day when I come home from work and turn on the pc).
I have 3X 2GB of RAM (6GB) but when I turn on my PC and I go straight to the BIOS, it shows me I only have 4 GB installed. Then I turn off the PC, detach one of the RAM, stick it back again, turn on the PC again,and then it does recognize the 6GB
I tried different slots with all 3 RAM to see if there was something wrong with one of them, but it seems all of the work fine in any slot except for when I turn the PC for the first time during the day.
BTW the RAM I'm using is G.SKILL NQ Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800)

any help will be appreciated!

Did you install the memory in the A1, B1, C1 slots? (the white slots)
m
l
July 29, 2010 3:16:06 AM

My mobo has 3 blue slots and 3 black slots
the blue slots are the a1 b1 c1
m
l
Related resources
July 29, 2010 4:22:20 AM

And yes I have them installed in those slots
m
l
July 29, 2010 9:10:40 PM

bump
help.. anyone?
m
l

Best solution

a c 111 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
July 29, 2010 9:57:44 PM

Have you manually set your RAM settings in the BIOS?

CAS:
tRCD:
tRP:
tRAS:

Command Rate:

Voltage:
August 5, 2010 4:40:39 PM

Best answer selected by AlexMGD.
m
l
!