HOW TO FIX MY COMPUTER T SAYS FLOPPY DISK FAILURE

WHEN I START MY COMPUTER UP IT SAYS FLOPPY DISKETTE SEEK FAILURE STRIKE THE F1 KEY TO CONTINUE, F2 TO RUN SETUP.... WHEN I DO THIS IT ENDS UP SAYING NO SYSTEM DISK Or DISK I/O ERROR
6 answers Last reply
More about computer floppy disk failure
  1. Go to bios setup--->Boot configuration and disable floppy disk drive then save & exit.
  2. diamond4320 said:
    WHEN I START MY COMPUTER UP IT SAYS FLOPPY DISKETTE SEEK FAILURE STRIKE THE F1 KEY TO CONTINUE, F2 TO RUN SETUP.... WHEN I DO THIS IT ENDS UP SAYING NO SYSTEM DISK Or DISK I/O ERROR



    Open BIOS setup, and disable the floppy disk drive, save & exit.
  3. diamond4320 said:
    WHEN I START MY COMPUTER UP IT SAYS FLOPPY DISKETTE SEEK FAILURE STRIKE THE F1 KEY TO CONTINUE, F2 TO RUN SETUP.... WHEN I DO THIS IT ENDS UP SAYING NO SYSTEM DISK Or DISK I/O ERROR


    possibilty of having a Crashe hard disk is there or may you have not prepared your new hard drive
  4. pingers said:
    possibilty of having a Crashe hard disk is there or may you have not prepared your new hard drive



    There is Floppy disk failure error not hard disk error. He needs to disable floppy disk drive.
  5. princesiddiqui said:
    There is Floppy disk failure error not hard disk error. He needs to disable floppy disk drive.


    The OP says when he hit's F1 to continue it says "no system disk". Either his hard drive is not in the boot order or his hard drive is corrupt or dead.

    @OP: disable floppy in bios and make sure your hard drive is listed as the 1st boot device in the bios.
  6. Hawkeye22 said:
    The OP says when he hit's F1 to continue it says "no system disk". Either his hard drive is not in the boot order or his hard drive is corrupt or dead.

    @OP: disable floppy in bios and make sure your hard drive is listed as the 1st boot device in the bios.


    Agree, He needs to disable floppy drive first then set hard drive as a first boot. Also check hard disk power and data cable adjustment.
Ask a new question

Read More

Floppy Disk Computers Windows XP