Sign in with
Your question

Best HDD for fraps?

Last response: in Storage
December 21, 2011 5:47:21 AM

I need some expertise here guys, I'm trying to record my games with fraps but I only have a single seagate barracuda 1tb 7200 for both boot (windows) and frapping.

I wanna get a second HDD or 2 smaller ones and do Raid 0, and I need some recommendations.

Price range is ~$100

I would appreciate it if the advices came from users with experience with fraps at HD.

thanks for all the help!

More about : hdd fraps

a c 117 G Storage
December 21, 2011 6:02:27 AM

Unless the situation in Thailand suddenly improves, I don't think you're gonna see a $100 solution till 2013. Best shot ya got is finding a matching Seagate. Hybrids (I.e. Momentus excel at normal HD tasks but long DTR is not one of those. I use these for video editing builds and other tasks where fast large file transfers are essential but they 3 times ya budget for just one.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_conten...
m
l
December 31, 2011 4:54:24 AM

Try installing more RAM and then use RAM disk to create a 12GB RAM disk and record on that. Once the space fills up (pause the game and keep moving it to the Hard Drive)

Its a very lame method but it works. With 12 GB you can get around 5 mins of recording space at 1920 x 1080 at 60 fps
m
l
!