Windows XP file corrupted

sadist

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006
hi guys,

I am facing difficulties to connect to internet. Please spend 2 mins to read about my problem. Thank you!

My problem arise on 23/7/2012 when I tried to connect to internet by using cable or wireless to my router, my browser popped out with error 106. It is same as this http://www.fixya.com/support/t237393...t_disconnected but I tried pausing my Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 still the same.

Note: Before this happens, I tried using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 Technical Preview after I've uninstall my KIS 2012, but it causes terrible lag on my laptop. Therefore, I tried uninstall KIS 2013 but stucked even after 2.5 hours! So I've tried to off it through task manager. Tried another time after restart, still the same, waited another 2.5 hours.

So now I have already uninstalled ALL my kaspersky through YOURUNINSTALLER because I unable to uninstall it through Control Panel. The problem still persist where my browser still show ERROR 106.

I hope it does not damage my laptop windows file.

Any kind soul mind to share with me what to do next? I tried googling about the problem but seem like none work for me! Spent hours on fixing it.

Currently using Dell Inspiron 1425 (the old laptop) with Windows XP

Update 1 (25/7/2012): I just did a system restore on my laptop, it stucked at the desktop loading page for 3 hours, therefore, I shut down it by clicking the button on the middle. Well, apparently, my internet is back to normal BUT my mouse driver seem to be corrupted and cannot be use even I uninstall and reinstall the driver of the mouse. And when I clicked on system restore again, it just hang there (need task manager to force-off it) Really lost on what to do next.

Here is the screenshot of the error appeared
LOFTx.jpg

Repair the OS either by running sfc /scannow from a command prompt or booting from the Windows CD and selecting "R" to repair. For the latter, you may have to enter setup (F2) and make the CDrom the 1st boot device.

sadist

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. How to run sfc /scannow from command prompt? What to type? Thanks again! :)

Click Start > Run

Type cmd in the box.

Type sfc /scannow in the box.

(Have your Windows CD ready to insert if errors are found.

sadist

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2006

Tried sfc /scannow, problem still persist. Is it the only way now is to format? sigh.