Anyone remember the nolookthrough mod?

I know I used to have a mod that stopped the Sims from being able to look
through the telescope during the day, but I must have lost it last uninstall
reinstall. Now I cannot find it. I have looked at MTS2 and Variousimmers,
but cannot find it, and cannot remember who exactly made it. Does anybody
here know where I got it from? I would really like to get it back.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM
13 answers Last reply
More about anyone remember nolookthrough

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:28:57 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >I know I used to have a mod that stopped the Sims from being able to look
    >through the telescope during the day, but I must have lost it last uninstall
    >reinstall. Now I cannot find it. I have looked at MTS2 and Variousimmers,
    >but cannot find it, and cannot remember who exactly made it. Does anybody
    >here know where I got it from? I would really like to get it back.

    I never heard of the hack you mentioned, however if nothin else, you
    could make a small fenced enclosure with no gate that you can store
    your telescope in. You could also maybe store the telescope on a
    home's flat roof, or on a deck with no sim access...

    That's my 2¢,

    FTA

    "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

    I did a search at mts2 for the hack and found a reference for it, but did
    not find the hack itself. Something tells me it did not pass the test :(

    "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:28:57 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>I know I used to have a mod that stopped the Sims from being able to look
    >>through the telescope during the day, but I must have lost it last
    >>uninstall
    >>reinstall. Now I cannot find it. I have looked at MTS2 and Variousimmers,
    >>but cannot find it, and cannot remember who exactly made it. Does anybody
    >>here know where I got it from? I would really like to get it back.
    >
    > I never heard of the hack you mentioned, however if nothin else, you
    > could make a small fenced enclosure with no gate that you can store
    > your telescope in. You could also maybe store the telescope on a
    > home's flat roof, or on a deck with no sim access...
    >

    > That's my 2¢,
    >
    > FTA
    >

    > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    > silence of our friends."
    >
    > -Martin Luther King Jr.

    It was a very good mod too. Didn't interfere with anything else. Ahh, well.
    Maybe I shall just make a request for such a thing at Variousimmers.

    Thanks BG2 and FTA for your answers.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > I did a search at mts2 for the hack and found a reference for it, but did
    > not find the hack itself. Something tells me it did not pass the test :(
    >
    > "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 01:28:57 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > > <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    > >
    > >>I know I used to have a mod that stopped the Sims from being able to
    look
    > >>through the telescope during the day, but I must have lost it last
    > >>uninstall
    > >>reinstall. Now I cannot find it. I have looked at MTS2 and
    Variousimmers,
    > >>but cannot find it, and cannot remember who exactly made it. Does
    anybody
    > >>here know where I got it from? I would really like to get it back.
    > >
    > > I never heard of the hack you mentioned, however if nothin else, you
    > > could make a small fenced enclosure with no gate that you can store
    > > your telescope in. You could also maybe store the telescope on a
    > > home's flat roof, or on a deck with no sim access...
    > >

    > > That's my 2¢,
    > >
    > > FTA
    > >

    > > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    > > silence of our friends."
    > >
    > > -Martin Luther King Jr.

    Varioussimmers?

    > It was a very good mod too. Didn't interfere with anything else. Ahh,
    > well.
    > Maybe I shall just make a request for such a thing at Variousimmers.
    >
    > Thanks BG2 and FTA for your answers.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    >> I did a search at mts2 for the hack and found a reference for it, but did
    >> not find the hack itself. Something tells me it did not pass the test :(
    >>
    >> "FTA" <FTA@fake.email> wrote in message

    > look
    > Variousimmers,
    > anybody
    >> >
    >> > I never heard of the hack you mentioned, however if nothin else, you
    >> > could make a small fenced enclosure with no gate that you can store
    >> > your telescope in. You could also maybe store the telescope on a
    >> > home's flat roof, or on a deck with no sim access...
    >> >

    >> > That's my 2¢,
    >> >
    >> > FTA
    >> >

    >> > "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the
    >> > silence of our friends."
    >> >
    >> > -Martin Luther King Jr.

    It's where JM Pescado and TwoJeffs (as well as some skinners) went after
    Pescado got banned from MTS2 after asking a question that the moderators
    decided was against forum policy.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    http://www.variousimmers.net/

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > It's where JM Pescado and TwoJeffs (as well as some skinners) went after
    > Pescado got banned from MTS2 after asking a question that the moderators
    > decided was against forum policy.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    > > Varioussimmers?
    > >
    > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > > It was a very good mod too. Didn't interfere with anything else. Ahh,
    > > > well.
    > > > Maybe I shall just make a request for such a thing at Variousimmers.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks BG2 and FTA for your answers.
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > > >
    > > > MM
    > > >

    > > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > did
    > :(

    > > > look
    > > > Variousimmers,
    > > > anybody

    ohhhhhhh what did he ask?

    > It's where JM Pescado and TwoJeffs (as well as some skinners) went after
    > Pescado got banned from MTS2 after asking a question that the moderators
    > decided was against forum policy.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    >> Varioussimmers?
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > It was a very good mod too. Didn't interfere with anything else. Ahh,
    >> > well.
    >> > Maybe I shall just make a request for such a thing at Variousimmers.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks BG2 and FTA for your answers.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > did
    > :(

    >> > look
    >> > Variousimmers,
    >> > anybody

    As I heard it, he asked - "Isn't 90 people an awful lot to have been banned
    from MTS2?" and the answer should have been "No, most were banned for being
    under the age limit we set for our membership, and 90 isn't a lot when you
    consider the actual percentage of our membership that represents is tiny."
    and the answer he got was "Stop picking on MTS2, you are banned."

    You have to understand, though, that I am paraphrasing a report of this
    conversation made by someone who followed Pescado. It's like third party
    hear say and I cannot attest to it's validity or lack thereof.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > ohhhhhhh what did he ask?
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > It's where JM Pescado and TwoJeffs (as well as some skinners) went after
    > > Pescado got banned from MTS2 after asking a question that the moderators
    > > decided was against forum policy.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Varioussimmers?
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    > > did
    > > :(

    Well that sounds like maybe he had been asking other questions too, you know
    :)
    And there is at least one in every crowd too............someone who just has
    to ask and ask and ask.
    But I did grab some stuff from that site and signed up with them too :)

    > Well that sounds like maybe he had been asking other questions too, you
    > know :)
    > And there is at least one in every crowd too............someone who just
    > has to ask and ask and ask.
    > But I did grab some stuff from that site and signed up with them too :)
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> As I heard it, he asked - "Isn't 90 people an awful lot to have been
    >> banned
    >> from MTS2?" and the answer should have been "No, most were banned for
    >> being
    >> under the age limit we set for our membership, and 90 isn't a lot when
    >> you
    >> consider the actual percentage of our membership that represents is
    >> tiny."
    >> and the answer he got was "Stop picking on MTS2, you are banned."
    >>
    >> You have to understand, though, that I am paraphrasing a report of this
    >> conversation made by someone who followed Pescado. It's like third party
    >> hear say and I cannot attest to it's validity or lack thereof.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >>
    >> MM
    >>

    >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    >>> ohhhhhhh what did he ask?
    >>>
    >>> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    >> but
    >> test

    >> you
    >> store

    >> the

    It looks like MTS2 is dieing off.
    It is turning into a discussion forum.
    And a discussion of non-sims things.
    It used to house the best moders of the game.
    Now it seems to be nothing but a boring web forum.

    TwoJeffs has made this mod for me now - well, a no shoving version rather
    than a no looking version, but it is all good!

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Well that sounds like maybe he had been asking other questions too, you
    know
    > :)
    > And there is at least one in every crowd too............someone who just
    has
    > to ask and ask and ask.
    > But I did grab some stuff from that site and signed up with them too :)
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > As I heard it, he asked - "Isn't 90 people an awful lot to have been
    > > banned
    > > from MTS2?" and the answer should have been "No, most were banned for
    > > being
    > > under the age limit we set for our membership, and 90 isn't a lot when
    you
    > > consider the actual percentage of our membership that represents is
    tiny."
    > > and the answer he got was "Stop picking on MTS2, you are banned."
    > >
    > > You have to understand, though, that I am paraphrasing a report of this
    > > conversation made by someone who followed Pescado. It's like third party
    > > hear say and I cannot attest to it's validity or lack thereof.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> ohhhhhhh what did he ask?
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    Variousimmers.

    > > but
    > > test

    Does

    > > you
    > > store

    > > the

    Everything changes. Have a look at Variousimmers instead. TwoJeffs and
    Pescado are cooking up a storm. Pescado's just released his modified
    jealousy mod and there is a 'friendly woohoo' mod undergoing first beta too.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Davybear" <Davybear@adelphia.net> wrote in message

    > > Well that sounds like maybe he had been asking other questions too, you
    > > know :)
    > > And there is at least one in every crowd too............someone who just
    > > has to ask and ask and ask.
    > > But I did grab some stuff from that site and signed up with them too :)
    > >
    > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >> As I heard it, he asked - "Isn't 90 people an awful lot to have been
    > >> banned
    > >> from MTS2?" and the answer should have been "No, most were banned for
    > >> being
    > >> under the age limit we set for our membership, and 90 isn't a lot when
    > >> you
    > >> consider the actual percentage of our membership that represents is
    > >> tiny."
    > >> and the answer he got was "Stop picking on MTS2, you are banned."
    > >>
    > >> You have to understand, though, that I am paraphrasing a report of this
    > >> conversation made by someone who followed Pescado. It's like third
    party
    > >> hear say and I cannot attest to it's validity or lack thereof.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >>
    > >> MM
    > >>

    > >> "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    > >> but
    > >> test

    > >> you
    > >> store

    > >> the

    > It looks like MTS2 is dieing off.
    > It is turning into a discussion forum.
    > And a discussion of non-sims things.
    > It used to house the best moders of the game.
    > Now it seems to be nothing but a boring web forum.

    Well they have done their part essentially. If it had not been for them a
    lot of what we can do now would not be possible. It's always been a forum
    in the sense you are talking about, but there was more there and there still
    is, you just got to ignore the silliness.
    But now we have a lot more sites with custom content and new meshes and
    there is a forum for
    Simpe on the simpe site too.

    IMHO, Echo, the person who made the rugs for sims2, is one of the best
    around mts2 and has made one of the best reusable meshes, the rugs.
    What I liked about most of the beta creations at mts2 is that most of the
    creators allow recoloring and recloning.

Sims Games Video Games