Sign in with
Your question
Solved

How much does a full Water Cooling rig cost?

Last response: in Overclocking
July 31, 2012 1:26:48 AM

Hey guys! I'm building a new gaming/editing PC.
Here are the specs of my PC:

2 x EVGA GTX 670 4GB in SLI (Says they are or can be superclocked)
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Mobo
Intel Core i7 3930k (Going to overclock)
64GB of ram (3ds Max and other 3D applications)
Cooler Master 932 HAF Case
OCZ 80+ Gold 850 PSU

So those are the things that all need to be cooled. Well most of them. I am wondering how much would it cost to have a full liquid cooling system with the tubes and everything, so it would cool both 670's, but also have room for a Blackmagic Intensity Pro. Obviously the 3930k to be cooled down because it's six cores, and can get really hot. I am very, very, very new to liquid cooling. I know the HAF 932 case has many places for tubing, it has places for the back for two tubes to go out, (which I have no clue what for, I'm guessing to the radiator or something?) It also has a pouring hole at the top of the case under rubber lining to fill it up. Which I guess it good. So I'm a noob when it comes to liquid cooling things, So it would be nice if someone could explain a few things, and give me a price. Money is not an issue. For now. I would just like to know how much it would cost, but I wouldn't want more then $400. But show me beyond that if you want. In the end money to me is no object. Thanks guys! I extremely appreciate it!

More about : full water cooling rig cost

a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 1:34:31 AM

You would need to spend about $450 to $650 for all that
m
l
July 31, 2012 1:35:58 AM

Now, where would I find all this stuff? If you could be so kind to link me to the components that I would need? Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 2:02:18 AM

intensityfims said:
Now, where would I find all this stuff? If you could be so kind to link me to the components that I would need? Thanks!
Sorry i can't do it right now :(  if somebody has not helped you by tomorrow i will do that for you no problem i will check back tomorrow to see if you were helped or not ;) 
m
l
July 31, 2012 2:03:42 AM

Thank you so much!! I'm looking at some websites, but if you could so gladly :D  That would be so thoughtful!
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 8:25:19 AM

have you read the watercooling sticky? if not its located in my sig. Might want to check it out for everything there is to know about watercooling.
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 1:50:36 PM

Quote:
have you read the watercooling sticky?

I really wish there was a way to make this mandatory before posting in any forum section...kind of like a check box of a user agreement.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 2:18:00 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:
have you read the watercooling sticky?

I really wish there was a way to make this mandatory before posting in any forum section...kind of like a check box of a user agreement.
That wouldn't be a bad idea looks like it time for you to talk to the boss and make it happen :lol: 
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 2:19:58 PM

It would never fly. I don't want to derail this thread, but it would actually cause more problems for user friendliness in the forums than anything else, simply from an aspect of 'ugh, I have to read another one of these JUST TO POST??'.

:) 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 2:22:59 PM

I did some looking around for you and will post links to what i came up with for you after i get home from work i will tell you right now though it's going to cost close to $600.00 you might be able to go cheaper but i wasn't able to pull it off.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 2:24:47 PM

rubix_1011 said:
It would never fly. I don't want to derail this thread, but it would actually cause more problems for user friendliness in the forums than anything else, simply from an aspect of 'ugh, I have to read another one of these JUST TO POST??'.

:) 
yeah i understand what you mean.
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 2:45:43 PM

You could possibly get there with a Raystorm RX360 kit w/ DDC or D5 pump upgrade, 2 universal GPU blocks, some RAM sinks and only using barbs and tubing of choice...but this is going to run you closer to $450 when it's all said and done.

If you want full cover 670 blocks, easily look to spend $100+ on each one.

I strongly suggest reading through as much of the watercooling sticky and all the links as much as possible...this will help you immensely.
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 3:45:12 PM

Dunno if you can get all of that for around $400. Around $550!

Kit=~$300
GPU=~$200
Extra Rad=$50
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 3:49:17 PM

Extra rad isn't a necessity...with an RX360 you could run that CPU and 2x 670's on a single rad with decent OC on the CPU. It all depends on TDP.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 3:53:07 PM

hmmm, but if OP were to choose a hand selected list of parts - this would easily go beyond $500.

kit wise, a lil less.

@ OP - best read up on the watercooling sticky, alot of hardwork put into it by our resident watercooler, Rubix, and it details just about everything there is you'll ask of(just about). Ideally read it a couple of times to grasp the concept of watercooling+its workings.
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 4:15:25 PM

The Raystorm kits w/ pump upgrades almost negate the need to do much in the way of a custom CPU-only loop and provide for a great base to expand from. I don't get paid or any type of benefits from XSPC for saying that, either. It's hard to find a way to piece together a comparable loop with similar components without easily coming close in price.

You could possibly go the route of a cheaply found DDC pump and top/res or bay res to come in under in cost...but not by a great deal.
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 4:20:26 PM

^ + 10,000
m
l
July 31, 2012 6:41:06 PM

Would 750w psu power water cooling? The sticky didnt cover how much power it would take?
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 6:43:35 PM

Your typical WC pump only draws 15-25watts of power, so as long as your PSU isn't already taxed, you should be fine.
m
l
July 31, 2012 10:13:54 PM

Now for a cheaper option would the H100 be a good choice for water cooling? Just the CPU of course.
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 10:17:29 PM

I suppose, but for $10 more you can buy the XSPC Rasa RS240 kit and would perform much better.

$100+ is a lot to pay for a 'liquid cooler' that performs about as well as a very good air cooler. Corsair/Antec 'closed loop liquid coolers' are as much watercooling as a Honda Civic and AMG Mercedes are both cars.

m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 10:30:12 PM

^ yeah the Hyper 212 Evo pulls more than its own weight with only a $30 price tag. But IF you'd like to spend that 100 on a H100... :) 
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 10:41:29 PM

o.k. so here is what i came up with i would also ask for rubix_1011 to over look this before you buy if you even like it because I still don't know if it will all fit, you may need to get some 90 degree compression fittings

but here are the links total is $537.89
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14366/ex-blc-1001/Swi...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14918/ex-rad-336/Alph...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13230/ex-res-290/Alph...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/2128/ex-pmp-27/Swifte...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14220/ex-tub-1012/XSP...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16579/ex-liq-215/Prim...
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 10:55:13 PM

1| big no no to coolants. Distilled and silver kill coil or PT nuke does the job just fine at 1/10th the price - covered in the sticky
2| you've suggested two cpu blocks. OP only needs one
3| OP has to decide whether he'd want to go with high rpm(noisy) fans or low rpm(silent) fans according to his setup.
4| depending on the noise setup, his rad choices will differ.
5| all of the above can be had in an XSPC extreme Raystorm or an EX kit for less after you slap on another 240 rad and some waterblocks with a pump similar in range and spec's but not the same.
6| all the info, from knowing the "tools-of-the-trade" to "choosing" to "building" a loop is covered in the sticky.

*P.S: that bay res will be a PITA to work with while filling/priming, even draining it will be apocalyptic.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 11:01:33 PM

Lutfij said:
1| big no no to coolants. Distilled and silver kill coil or PT nuke does the job just fine at 1/10th the price - covered in the sticky
2| you've suggested two cpu blocks. OP only needs one
3| OP has to decide whether he'd want to go with high rpm(noisy) fans or low rpm(silent) fans according to his setup.
4| depending on the noise setup, his rad choices will differ.
5| all of the above can be had in an XSPC extreme Raystorm or an EX kit for less after you slap on another 240 rad and some waterblocks with a pump similar in range and spec's but not the same.
6| all the info, form knowing the tools of the trade to choosing to building a loop is covered in the sticky.

*P.S: that bay res will be a PITA to work with while filling/priming, even draining it will be apocalyptic.
That's for info also i double linked two cpu blocks by accident :pfff:  and yes your right i can't believe i didn't think of an XSPC extreme Raystorm shame on me :non: 
m
l
a c 78 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 11:03:57 PM

:)  no worries, even I check up on the sticky from time to time to reassure myself I'm not advising the wrong stuff.

best to be safe than sorry mate.

* ofc there are times I don't need to :p 
m
l
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 11:09:01 PM

Yeah i agree always best to be safe than sorry.
m
l
July 31, 2012 11:11:50 PM

Best answer selected by intensityfims.
m
l
August 1, 2012 12:40:10 AM

Now guys... I want to use the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240. It's the cheapest, and I'm new to watercooling. Im going to be using watercooling just for the CPU for now. What do you guys think? I think it looks good, It comes in a kit and everything.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 1, 2012 12:46:40 AM

intensityfims said:
Now guys... I want to use the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240. It's the cheapest, and I'm new to watercooling. Im going to be using watercooling just for the CPU for now. What do you guys think? I think it looks good, It comes in a kit and everything.
it's very good actually i have the same kit on my secondary rig go for it :D 
m
l
August 1, 2012 12:56:44 AM

bigcyco1 said:
it's very good actually i have the same kit on my secondary rig go for it :D 

Would it work for the Haf 932 Case? I'm doing some research and tell me if I got this right for the case. I think you can tell by looking at pictures of the case;) :p  The Reservoir/pump goes at the top front of the case because the fill up hole is at the the top front of the case. Then from that I have a tube going into the radiator, which then goes into the input of the CPU block, then I put the tube from that back into the pull part of the pump. The case has holes on the back of it so I think that the radiator can fit on the back of the case if i'm correct. So it will be able to get the job done for the 3930K?
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 1, 2012 1:37:41 AM

Yes, but when you do the GPU's you're gonna have to add some more rads :) 
m
l
August 1, 2012 1:45:09 AM

amuffin said:
Yes, but when you do the GPU's you're gonna have to add some more rads :) 

I've read in some places that the pump has to be really close the Radiator? Is that true? Because I want the radiator to be outside, and the pump is in the reservoir. Soo... I was planning on putting that in the front of the case, and then a tube would go along the top of the case to the back where it would meet the radiator. So is that a problem at all?
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 1, 2012 2:13:03 AM

No, not a problem at all!

EX: My wc loop, uses basically the same parts as yours except for they are tier 1 while yours are tier 3.

Pump and res are on the right side :) 
m
l
a c 331 K Overclocking
August 1, 2012 2:31:36 AM

Loop order doesn't matter and as long as you aren't using 20ft tubing runs between components, you should be OK. Even if you had longer tubing pieces, it really shouldn't matter much in a closed loop since the total volume of water is pushing itself as much as pulling itself.
m
l
August 1, 2012 2:36:59 AM

I love this forum so much. So many helpful people! If it wasn't for this community. I would not know anything for PC building, components, and many other things! Thank god things like this exist. Too bad the whole world can't be this cooperative and nice :(  Maybe in the future! When we are smarter ;) 
m
l
!