How much does a full Water Cooling rig cost?

intensityfims

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Hey guys! I'm building a new gaming/editing PC.
Here are the specs of my PC:

2 x EVGA GTX 670 4GB in SLI (Says they are or can be superclocked)
Asus P9X79 Deluxe Mobo
Intel Core i7 3930k (Going to overclock)
64GB of ram (3ds Max and other 3D applications)
Cooler Master 932 HAF Case
OCZ 80+ Gold 850 PSU

So those are the things that all need to be cooled. Well most of them. I am wondering how much would it cost to have a full liquid cooling system with the tubes and everything, so it would cool both 670's, but also have room for a Blackmagic Intensity Pro. Obviously the 3930k to be cooled down because it's six cores, and can get really hot. I am very, very, very new to liquid cooling. I know the HAF 932 case has many places for tubing, it has places for the back for two tubes to go out, (which I have no clue what for, I'm guessing to the radiator or something?) It also has a pouring hole at the top of the case under rubber lining to fill it up. Which I guess it good. So I'm a noob when it comes to liquid cooling things, So it would be nice if someone could explain a few things, and give me a price. Money is not an issue. For now. I would just like to know how much it would cost, but I wouldn't want more then $400. But show me beyond that if you want. In the end money to me is no object. Thanks guys! I extremely appreciate it!

Solution
o.k. so here is what i came up with i would also ask for rubix_1011 to over look this before you buy if you even like it because I still don't know if it will all fit, you may need to get some 90 degree compression fittings

but here are the links total is $537.89
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14366/ex-blc-1001/Swiftech_Apogee_HD_High_Performance_4-Port_CPU_Waterblock_-_White_-_Intel_w_LGA_2011_Hardware_AMD_Ready_Apogee-HD-WT.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14918/ex-rad-336/Alphacool_NexXxoS_XT45_Full_Copper_Triple_120mm_Radiator.html?tl=g30c95s161

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13230/ex-res-290/Alphacool_Repack_Single_525_Acetal_Reservoir_-_Special_Edition_White.html?tl=g30c97s168...
Sorry i can't do it right now :( if somebody has not helped you by tomorrow i will do that for you no problem i will check back tomorrow to see if you were helped or not ;)

yeah i understand what you mean.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
You could possibly get there with a Raystorm RX360 kit w/ DDC or D5 pump upgrade, 2 universal GPU blocks, some RAM sinks and only using barbs and tubing of choice...but this is going to run you closer to $450 when it's all said and done.

If you want full cover 670 blocks, easily look to spend $100+ on each one.

I strongly suggest reading through as much of the watercooling sticky and all the links as much as possible...this will help you immensely.

Lutfij

Titan
hmmm, but if OP were to choose a hand selected list of parts - this would easily go beyond $500.

kit wise, a lil less.

@ OP - best read up on the watercooling sticky, alot of hardwork put into it by our resident watercooler, Rubix, and it details just about everything there is you'll ask of(just about). Ideally read it a couple of times to grasp the concept of watercooling+its workings.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The Raystorm kits w/ pump upgrades almost negate the need to do much in the way of a custom CPU-only loop and provide for a great base to expand from. I don't get paid or any type of benefits from XSPC for saying that, either. It's hard to find a way to piece together a comparable loop with similar components without easily coming close in price.

You could possibly go the route of a cheaply found DDC pump and top/res or bay res to come in under in cost...but not by a great deal.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I suppose, but for $10 more you can buy the XSPC Rasa RS240 kit and would perform much better.

$100+ is a lot to pay for a 'liquid cooler' that performs about as well as a very good air cooler. Corsair/Antec 'closed loop liquid coolers' are as much watercooling as a Honda Civic and AMG Mercedes are both cars.

Lutfij

Titan
1| big no no to coolants. Distilled and silver kill coil or PT nuke does the job just fine at 1/10th the price - covered in the sticky
2| you've suggested two cpu blocks. OP only needs one
3| OP has to decide whether he'd want to go with high rpm(noisy) fans or low rpm(silent) fans according to his setup.
4| depending on the noise setup, his rad choices will differ.
5| all of the above can be had in an XSPC extreme Raystorm or an EX kit for less after you slap on another 240 rad and some waterblocks with a pump similar in range and spec's but not the same.
6| all the info, from knowing the "tools-of-the-trade" to "choosing" to "building" a loop is covered in the sticky.

*P.S: that bay res will be a PITA to work with while filling/priming, even draining it will be apocalyptic.