Black screen after windows Instalation

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Hi guys

I'm fixing up a IBM NetVista 8303 and i've got a prob.
I had it going but it's had a gutful of viruses and i coudnt get taskmanager or internet explorer open so i decided to do a system restore. this proved troublesome and didn't work at all so i did a recorey with the xp disk that was with the computer. So i did the install(no i didnt format it's just a recovery) put in product key ecxcetera and then rebooted and windows got to the point where you normally asked you to pick user but it came up with "validate windows now" so i said yes. this is where it's scary it comes up with

msfeedssync.exe - Application Error"
The instruction at
"0x77d4bbcd" referenced memory at "0x00000048".The memory could not be
"read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Then i just get a black screen.

Hope you can help

Joel

Solution
msfeedssync.exe at startup?
I've heard from within Windows, but at startup?

This is usually related to IE . U may have a remains of another IE and with the new version from current installment, which somehow blocks you getting in.

I suppose you can't get to safemode.
But maybe U can get to recovery console. (know cmd?)
Try renaming the file. (change it's extension)
Maybe that will work.

Here is something similar, hope it help:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system/xp-hangs-on-startup-and-dialog-box-provides-the/f7cce2a4-b0db-4b8d-a6e1-812071bc759c...

me 1

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2010
msfeedssync.exe at startup?
I've heard from within Windows, but at startup?

This is usually related to IE . U may have a remains of another IE and with the new version from current installment, which somehow blocks you getting in.

I suppose you can't get to safemode.
But maybe U can get to recovery console. (know cmd?)
Try renaming the file. (change it's extension)
Maybe that will work.

Here is something similar, hope it help:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-system/xp-hangs-on-startup-and-dialog-box-provides-the/f7cce2a4-b0db-4b8d-a6e1-812071bc759c
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_update/msfeedssyncexe-error-box-pops-up-every-few-minutes/356249ee-05e0-4c04-b19d-0c5619305ba2

:hello:

Solution

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

Ahh cant seem to get it into safe mode.
With recovery console where you talking on the xp disk when you hit the first r or cmd in safe mode?
So is it that i have both installs of ie which is stopping the activation which in turn is stopping my logon hence the black screen?
Any ideas on how to get cmd or safe mode?

Thanks

Joelsjet

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Ahh yes got to win advanced options tried last good config but will do safemode next

No last config didnt work so tried safe mode and .......

Windows Started up, then loaded personel settings
Yay now i have cmd with a black screen behind it .
Will try one of the links you provided