Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ASRock P45XE vs. Asus P5B

Last response: in Motherboards
July 29, 2010 9:51:13 AM

Hi to all! I have an Asus P5B motherboard with a Core2Duo processor, and I want to upgrade to this motherboard, ASRock P45XE.. I want to know if there is some incompatibility, and if the difference between the two mb is big. Thank you so much!!! Best wishes to all!

More about : asrock p45xe asus p5b

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 29, 2010 10:26:38 AM

You should have no problems, both motherboards are ATX form factor, and the ASRock P45XE should support your Core 2 Duo processor - check to see if it's on this list.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/cpu.asp?Model=P45XE
m
l
July 29, 2010 6:34:08 PM

thank you so much for the answer... please someone tell me if ASRock P45XE is better than the old Asus P5B.. I made an upgrade... or a downgrade?

answers appreciated, thank you so much!!!
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
July 29, 2010 8:31:05 PM

It is based on a newer chipset with more features.
July 29, 2010 8:40:59 PM

Best answer selected by premamotion.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
July 30, 2010 4:31:58 AM

premamotion said:
Hi to all! I have an Asus P5B motherboard with a Core2Duo processor, and I want to upgrade to this motherboard, ASRock P45XE.. I want to know if there is some incompatibility, and if the difference between the two mb is big. Thank you so much!!! Best wishes to all!

I know this is “solved” but just info for you…The motherboard you’ve picked, the ASRock, is multiple chipsets ahead of the Asus you had. It will be faster and you will be able to do more with it. Also, ASRock’s parent company is ASUS.
From Wikipedia:

ASRock Inc. is a manufacturer of motherboards, netbooks, and HTPCs, based in Taiwan and chaired by Ted Hsu, one of the co-founders of parent company Asus. ASRock was originally spun off from Asus in 2002 in order to compete with companies like ECS and Foxconn for the commodity OEM market. Since then, however, ASRock has also gained momentum in the DIY sector and plans for moving the company upstream began in 2007 following a successful IPO on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.[1]
ASRock has garnered a reputation for good value (cost/performance) with tech websites,[2] including awards and recommendations for some products.[3][4]

One thing you can always look at is the capacitors. If they’re solid caps then the mobo is usually of a better quality. If they look like a cylinder with lid or 2 piece then they’re usually not as high of a quality. That’s just a real quick check you can do on any board you’re looking into buying.
m
l
!