One Long Beep

Hi guys,

I've just had my new pc delivered and after putting it all together i'm recieved a single and continuous beeping sound from the mobo. i've tried taking the memory out, putting it back in, trying them in different slots and tried them one at a time and there's still the beeping noise. Any suggestions as to what else i can try or what other problem it could be?

My mobo is the Asus P6X58D-E and memory is the Corsair 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz XMS3.
8 answers Last reply
More about long beep
  1. Hello and welcome to the forums
    Can you test the RAMs in another system ? because one long beep is mostly because of RAM,and its recommended to re-seat them and test with one module,which you already have done.
  2. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have another system I could test them on. My old pc uses RAMBUS.

A little additional information, the DRAM LED on the mobo is lit up when I turn it on. when i press the MemOK! switch it turns off until i let go. the DRAM LED flashes twice slowly and then it goes off completely. The beeping sound still rings..
  3. Ok.. I've taken out the graphics card (Asus HD 5850) out, and i get no beeps. MemOK! lights up red but then turns off. Is it normal for it not to beep without a graphics card?
  4. That's normal i think.
  5. Ok cool, thanks!
  6. I should have been a little more clearer with the beeping sound. It was a high pitched beeping noise with actually came from the graphics card. I solved the problem by connecting two power leads into the card. I didn't realise it actually needed both... gah such a stupid mistake.

In short, I have now fixed my pc and the long continuous "high" pitched sound was from the graphics card, not the motherboard.
  7. Great,glad its working fine now
  8. Thanks, me too!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Memory Motherboards