Closed

Smartheap library mem_bad_pointer xp

This Program(?) is blocking my access to Autocad.
How do i get rid of it?
6 answers Last reply
More about smartheap library mem_bad_pointer
  1. Peter Maltby said:
    This Program(?) is blocking my access to Autocad.
    How do i get rid of it?



    This may assist you.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910466
  2. Nice try, Peter, but that is an ancient MS response associated with a SP2 issue that was supposed to have been fixed with SP3. I've been searching and several people have noted this mem_bad_pointer problem in the last few days. The only thing I've downloaded to my computer is Livebox, to watch the Olympics. Could that be affecting something? I uninstalled it, which didn't do anything, but now I'm trying a system restore.
  3. johnmariani said:
    Nice try, Peter, but that is an ancient MS response associated with a SP2 issue that was supposed to have been fixed with SP3. I've been searching and several people have noted this mem_bad_pointer problem in the last few days. The only thing I've downloaded to my computer is Livebox, to watch the Olympics. Could that be affecting something? I uninstalled it, which didn't do anything, but now I'm trying a system restore.

    some people don't even know who yhey respond to.
  4. Thank you but ksiemb is too technical for me and support.microsoft doesn't get me anywhere either.
    I have AutoCad98. I have been using it happily for years on and off but I have a big (voluntary) project on at the moment and I really need this to work, particularly as I have about a couple of dozen drawings to which I cannot now gain access.
    When I attempted to open one of my files last week simply got this feature up on my screen "SmartHeap Library in white on Blue in the top line and mem_bad_pointer in black on white in the bottom half of the box
    HELP!
    Peter
  5. Peter Maltby said:
    Thank you but ksiemb is too technical for me and support.microsoft doesn't get me anywhere either.
    I have AutoCad98. I have been using it happily for years on and off but I have a big (voluntary) project on at the moment and I really need this to work, particularly as I have about a couple of dozen drawings to which I cannot now gain access.
    When I attempted to open one of my files last week simply got this feature up on my screen "SmartHeap Library in white on Blue in the top line and mem_bad_pointer in black on white in the bottom half of the box
    HELP!
    Peter

    Un-install - re-install.
  6. my auto cad not open below messege coming smartheap library mem_bad_pointer
    how can i slove this problem i use window xp in my pc
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Windows XP Pointer CAD