Compatibilty problem

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Motherboards
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2010 12:57:55 AM

Hi guys, i have a Foxconn BalckOps motherboard, gSkill 1600mhz ram (2Gx2), and an Intel E2180 CPU and my computer wont boot and the mother board says A0 post code error, i dont know what to do!! can someone help me with this.
Thanks in advance

More about : compatibilty problem

a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2010 12:29:38 PM

Check out the Read Before Posting about Boot Problems sticky. We'll need to know what you're doing, what you've tried and what the results were. Also, you might want to post your entire build.
a b V Motherboard
January 5, 2010 8:26:44 PM

You should look up what that code means in your motherboards manual or at Foxconn's website.
Related resources
a c 89 V Motherboard
January 5, 2010 8:42:48 PM

This seems to be a memory problem.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20...

Like MadAdmiral said, we need to know your complete specs for the build and what troubleshooting you've already performed. Running Memtest86+ overnight would be the first thing I'd do after manually setting the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the correct specs in the BIOS.
January 11, 2010 4:41:07 PM

ok lets see, ive checked everything and im doing it right, maybe this should be the right question (i searched for it and didn't find anything). Is an Intel E2180 compatible with ddr3 memory (im using this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
)
Sorry for just copying the URL but the add reply button isnt working.
Thanks
a b V Motherboard
January 11, 2010 5:13:03 PM

A link to your motherboard would be really helpful. If it is a socket 775 motherboard then it almost certainly only takes DDR2 RAM. Check your motherboard manual for what kind of RAM it needs.
a c 89 V Motherboard
January 11, 2010 5:41:38 PM

Like dndhatcher said, with LGA 775 chips like your E2180 the motherboard determines the RAM compatibility, not the CPU. What motherboard do you have?
January 13, 2010 2:34:23 AM

yup i tried, and i swapped the processor to one my neighbor gave me for testing (a intel q9300) and it worked
!