/ Sign-up
Your question

Questions about some fittings

  • Water Cooling
  • Compression
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
July 31, 2012 8:02:26 PM

Hey guys, so I decided to go with compression fittings for this build instead of barbs.

Anyways, so I'll be in need of some 90 degree fittings to turn water. I was looking at a lot of different fittings and I noticed that there are 90 degree fittings, and 90 degree rotary fittings. I've read a lot of reviews saying the rotaries have leaked often, but then I've also read to go with rotaries. Now, I'm not too worried about the space because I'm using and 800D and it's huge.

I think people are only suggesting rotaries because they are easier to direction than the 90 degree fittings, but it the fittings are better leak-wise then I'll go with those.


More about : questions fittings

a c 91 K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 8:27:00 PM

No offence but erm, is there a question you'd like us to answer?

otherwise, glad to see you moving along. It also helps to keep all your thoughts, questions in one thread :)  helps us all pitch in with productive ideas, without being side tracked and needing to compile other threads :D 

personally, rotary fittings are for tight spaces. Maybe you need to plan the layout better to avoid having such a bend.

my opinion though :) 
a b K Overclocking
July 31, 2012 8:36:29 PM

i have no problems with fittings but i to would only use a rotary 90 if it was a tight fit i have one in my build that i need one for havent gotten it yet though if you are going to use 90's in the loop try to use the soft 90 fittings less stress on the system that way

i need one of these

but this will work, the reason for the rotary part is to get it in the direction you need it in, otherwise you will be stuck with whatever direction tight is.