Sign in with
Your question

System build componets

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2010 7:20:23 AM

I am building a new system, everything new, first question ,looks like nvidia will be comming out with thier direct X 11 card in the next few months. Will motherboards or PSU's or memory have to change to incorporate the very best performance for their new card. Second question , if not , is the Asus P6T7 workstation over kill for two high end vid cards like a couple 295's and two Raptor HD's. If not cool, but if so , what is the very best Asus board, (not a supper over clocker, but do some)for an Intell I7 920, a couple high end cards like the new ones Nvidia's comming out with , a couple Raptors 300 GB's. This will be my second build, did the first one 4 years ago, and want to build a high end system , used heavilly in a 3D enviroment like secondlife.

More about : system build componets

January 5, 2010 3:29:21 PM

You don't need to spend that much on a motherboard.
You may be able to put that money elsewhere, where it is more useful to you.
Asus P6T and variants are the best.
Like obsidian86 said, fill out the form.
m
l
January 5, 2010 4:08:05 PM

The new Nvidia GPUs will work with all existing X58 motherboards, and others (P55) since these are current platforms available.

For a i920 build, you should consider the ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

This motherboard has the advantages that it has USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, and is compatible with the new Gulftown, six-core processors that will be released sometime this year. Good luck.
m
l
!