System build componets

I am building a new system, everything new, first question ,looks like nvidia will be comming out with thier direct X 11 card in the next few months. Will motherboards or PSU's or memory have to change to incorporate the very best performance for their new card. Second question , if not , is the Asus P6T7 workstation over kill for two high end vid cards like a couple 295's and two Raptor HD's. If not cool, but if so , what is the very best Asus board, (not a supper over clocker, but do some)for an Intell I7 920, a couple high end cards like the new ones Nvidia's comming out with , a couple Raptors 300 GB's. This will be my second build, did the first one 4 years ago, and want to build a high end system , used heavilly in a 3D enviroment like secondlife.
3 answers Last reply
More about system build componets
  1. You don't need to spend that much on a motherboard.
    You may be able to put that money elsewhere, where it is more useful to you.
    Asus P6T and variants are the best.
    Like obsidian86 said, fill out the form.
  2. The new Nvidia GPUs will work with all existing X58 motherboards, and others (P55) since these are current platforms available.

For a i920 build, you should consider the ASUS P6X58D Premium motherboard.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131614

This motherboard has the advantages that it has USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, and is compatible with the new Gulftown, six-core processors that will be released sometime this year. Good luck.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems