splitting hard drive

October 4, 2004 12:31:43 PM

I am getting a new XP and would like to split the hard
drive into two smaller one-helps to avoid one hard drive
from getting a virus and losing everything.

More about : splitting hard drive

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 11:41:57 PM

<mjohn1@iowatelecom.net> wrote:

>I am getting a new XP and would like to split the hard
>drive into two smaller one-helps to avoid one hard drive
>from getting a virus and losing everything.

Not really. But anyway: if you want to do this with Windows's own
tools, you will lose the data on the disk. Get a third-party
partitionizing tool to create the new partition.

--
(tm)
!