splitting hard drive

I am getting a new XP and would like to split the hard
drive into two smaller one-helps to avoid one hard drive
from getting a virus and losing everything.
1 answer Last reply
More about splitting hard drive

    <mjohn1@iowatelecom.net> wrote:

    >I am getting a new XP and would like to split the hard
    >drive into two smaller one-helps to avoid one hard drive
    >from getting a virus and losing everything.

    Not really. But anyway: if you want to do this with Windows's own
    tools, you will lose the data on the disk. Get a third-party
    partitionizing tool to create the new partition.

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP