CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
ok so i know if one of those pins breaks its pritty much the end. and yes i totaly screwed up and when i was instaling my Phenom II x4 955 i accidently bent a pin, then tried to repare it and it broke. but i heard that some Pins on the Cpu are not actually used so just my last glimmer of hope is that maybe it isnt used. does anyone know where i can get a diagram or something of that processor that tells which pins are used?

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
A quick way to find out is to simply make sure there are no shorts between any pins on the bottom of the CPU, then put it in as usual and power on. If the pin is ground or not used then it should work fine. Simply by not having the pin there you do not run any risk of fire or burning anything, so you do not have anything to lose. If i was you, after powering on and everything seem to work fine, i would log into Windows or whatever OS and run some benchmarking and stressing programs like Prime95 to make sure that the CPU is alright. Then try playing a couple of games to stress it again differently.

Fingers crossed i hope you did not do major damage.

CrysisComa

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

ok so i just installed the CPU, i couldnt keep the system on for long because i have to wait for thermal paste to arrive. but it seem to boot up fine. maybe because it was one of the corner pins the cpu doesnt use it (fingers crossed)

does anyone know where i can find a Pin Diagram of the Phenom ii 955 so i can see what exactly that pin did? if i can find a diagram of the pin structure then i can tell for sure if im screwed or not

^ Great link, just what he wanted.
If Pin is unused - you are in good shape. If it is a redundunt pin, It may be ok, alot depends on the current - the missing pins current would be added to parallel pins andd as long as the remaining pins are not over current you should be ok, ie if it is a Power/Power rtn then I would not overclk.