Toshiba satellite l505 bios password

Status
Not open for further replies.

costerritter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I have a toshiba that Is asking me for a bios password. It should be xx. I was able to get into the bios with xx after trying about 100 times. If I load defaults in bios it does not change. Under security options in the bios I can set the password by entering the current password but xx does not work.
This password comes up after I can hit f2 or f12 but either way it still asks me for the password.
It does not have an lpt port for me to make the loop back device
Like I said if I try several times and keep restarting the laptop eventually xx will work.
I have read posts saying removing the boards battery does not work. I was considering removing it for a day or two.

thanks for any help

edgaaa

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Ooook, I think this one might work, you should unscrew the pins, open up your PC, remove all the bigger parts as possible: battery firstly, HDD, DVD device, and etc. Try to get to the mainboard and then look for a battery, which supports system time and BIOS memory as well.. So, remove this battery carefully, wait for about 30 seconds, and plug it back.. It might reset your BIOS and remove password.
If you'll do this, inform me if it worked out!

costerritter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
After a second attempt of removing the battery for a few hours, the password did reset.
Now the toshiba asks for a hdd password when booting.
I installed the toshiba sata hdd into my thinkpad and it asks for "master password" to boot from hdd.
Tried installing a new os and windows will not install on the hdd.
Kill disk via external usb cable gives and error code.
I tried rebuilding the MBR, with no success.
I found a boot cd from google the had a hdd "nuke"
nothing is working for me?

someonewhoknowsstuff

Distinguished
May 21, 2011
dude, if you got a hdd password, that hdd is sometimes crypt-linked with the computer bios. more, if your bios is crorrupted, so may be the crypting code.

my advice on the case: decode the hdd by a paid online service (around $20).

cheers!

llacert

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
The BIOS password on the l505 is removed by jumping B500. To complete this task you will want to remove your bottom memory stick and the black plastic label on the motherboard. Once you have done this take a thin piece of wire and hold it on the two solder pads while turning on the computer. The computer will post then shut off, now remove the thin piece of wire. Turn the computer back on and the BIOS password should be removed. As for Hard Drive you may want to purchase a new one or do as someonewhoknowsstuff has mentioned. Check this site http://www.hddunlock.com/

vareha

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2011

Do you mean the battery on the bottom of the laptop or one inside?Where is the black label on the mother board and pads? I tried to do a recovery on my laptop, and somehow my passwords don't work now. And now I get a black screen asking for a password, I don't have. Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.