Cpu upgrade for gateway mx3210

Hi ,
Is it possible to upgrade this computer?
I'm am a songwriter and plan on writing music using a midi/audio sequencer application. For that I need addition cpu power.
If not, please let me know.
Any other options that I might take.

Thanks ahead of time.

A.Baker.
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrade gateway mx3210
  1. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums, anyway can you please tell me what computer you have. List specific components like the brand of computer if it is pre-built, if not the brand of the power supply: the big metal brick where the power cord is plugged into, if you can find it your motherboard chipset: the big squarish grid everything is attached to, and anything else you think I should know. You are correct assume that sound sequencing and the like are very CPU intensive, but also list you budget for your upgrades.
  2. Unfortunately, you can't upgrade a notebook's inner components other than memory. I forgot to read the title, anyway in theory you can try to open it up to upgrade but the risk versus trade-off is great as a noteook CPU is designed for power efficiency, not raw power, there are notebook CPUs on sale on Newegg but it isn't guarenteed to work.
  3. Thanks Mister G for the reply.
    Would you happen to know about small footprint,(mini) computers that can be noiseless, no real moving parts. I saw this somewhere years ago, sort of a DIY thing.
    Solid state storage, no fans, heatsinks I think, unknown processor, could be dualcore, not sure.
    I f you don't know, perhaps you could point me to a source that does.
    Interesting idea, because as I'm writing this on my dell notebook, I am hearing fan noise.

Thanks again for all of your help, great advise.
    Webicon
  4. Acer released its Aspire Revo, I can't suggest any more because I care more for raw muscle not size. Anyway it use the single core and no SSD. Try this though.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/Celeron-Mini-PC,1978.html
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gateway