Red water?

My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of her
properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red, what
would cause this problem? She has University as well.

Tyvm,

--
Isabeau :)

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
16 answers Last reply
More about water

    I believe it is due to the fact that her graphics card just isn't as good as
    it could be. Unless she plans on upgrading her card she may just have to get
    used to the red water.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of her
    > properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red, what
    > would cause this problem? She has University as well.
    >
    > Tyvm,
    >
    > --
    > Isabeau :)
    >
    > ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    > 'by believing, one sees'

    Also thinking that there is a hack out there for red water
    too.........wondering if she got that somehow.

    >I believe it is due to the fact that her graphics card just isn't as good
    >as
    > it could be. Unless she plans on upgrading her card she may just have to
    > get
    > used to the red water.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of her
    >> properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red, what
    >> would cause this problem? She has University as well.
    >>
    >> Tyvm,
    >>
    >> --
    >> Isabeau :)
    >>
    >> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    >> 'by believing, one sees'

    I've never heard of that one. Why would anyone hack the game to make water
    red?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Also thinking that there is a hack out there for red water
    > too.........wondering if she got that somehow.
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >I believe it is due to the fact that her graphics card just isn't as good
    > >as
    > > it could be. Unless she plans on upgrading her card she may just have to
    > > get
    > > used to the red water.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > >> My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of
    her
    > >> properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red,
    what
    > >> would cause this problem? She has University as well.
    > >>
    > >> Tyvm,
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Isabeau :)
    > >>
    > >> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    > >> 'by believing, one sees'

    Um, for blood perhaps :)
    Anyway, I went to look around for it at mts2 and found this instead.
    http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33000
    Much more helpful and you were right :)

    > I've never heard of that one. Why would anyone hack the game to make water
    > red?
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    >> Also thinking that there is a hack out there for red water
    >> too.........wondering if she got that somehow.
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> >I believe it is due to the fact that her graphics card just isn't as
    >> >good
    >> >as
    >> > it could be. Unless she plans on upgrading her card she may just have
    >> > get
    >> > used to the red water.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > her
    > what

    I must be boring. I never even thought of that.

    On the subject of blood, yesterday I had to clean it off the ceiling in the
    spare room. My cat got his paw hurt (probably by fighting with a rat down in
    the sheds) and he sat on top of the wardrobe (his favourite afternoon
    resting place) and alternatively licked his paw and flicked the blood on the
    ceiling. I swear he was just trying to see how high he could get it. The
    bloody paw print half way up the wardrobe was interesting too.

    Oh, and his paw is better now. I can't even see where the cut was but it was
    definitely bleeding yesterday. For a cat who spent the first 4 months of his
    life locked up in a cattery he is definitely making up for lost time now.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Um, for blood perhaps :)
    > Anyway, I went to look around for it at mts2 and found this instead.
    > http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33000
    > Much more helpful and you were right :)
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > I've never heard of that one. Why would anyone hack the game to make
    water
    > > red?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Also thinking that there is a hack out there for red water
    > >> too.........wondering if she got that somehow.
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    > > her
    > > what

    Aww poor guy :(
    But hey, the person with red water could also pretend it's
    wine.........might be good for a religious person :)

    Hmmm, Madame Mim, wasn't she in 'The Sword and the Stone', lol.

    >I must be boring. I never even thought of that.
    >
    > On the subject of blood, yesterday I had to clean it off the ceiling in
    > the
    > spare room. My cat got his paw hurt (probably by fighting with a rat down
    > in
    > the sheds) and he sat on top of the wardrobe (his favourite afternoon
    > resting place) and alternatively licked his paw and flicked the blood on
    > the
    > ceiling. I swear he was just trying to see how high he could get it. The
    > bloody paw print half way up the wardrobe was interesting too.
    >
    > Oh, and his paw is better now. I can't even see where the cut was but it
    > was
    > definitely bleeding yesterday. For a cat who spent the first 4 months of
    > his
    > life locked up in a cattery he is definitely making up for lost time now.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    >> Um, for blood perhaps :)
    >> Anyway, I went to look around for it at mts2 and found this instead.
    >> http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33000
    >> Much more helpful and you were right :)
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > I've never heard of that one. Why would anyone hack the game to make
    > water
    >> > red?
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    >> > her
    >> > what

    Yep. short fat and purple (well one out of the three anyway) that's me.

    ;')

    I always liked the other Disney cartoon with her in it. The one where she
    and Merlin have a battle of magic (I was quite disappointed in the Harry
    Potter vision of a Wizards Duel). I want to be able to give people purple
    measles.

    I have also been known to go by Merlin's Nemesis, but too many people call
    me Morgan then, if I don't have to first explain to them what a Nemesis is.
    LOL

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Aww poor guy :(
    > But hey, the person with red water could also pretend it's
    > wine.........might be good for a religious person :)
    >
    > Hmmm, Madame Mim, wasn't she in 'The Sword and the Stone', lol.
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > >I must be boring. I never even thought of that.
    > >
    > > On the subject of blood, yesterday I had to clean it off the ceiling in
    > > the
    > > spare room. My cat got his paw hurt (probably by fighting with a rat
    down
    > > in
    > > the sheds) and he sat on top of the wardrobe (his favourite afternoon
    > > resting place) and alternatively licked his paw and flicked the blood on
    > > the
    > > ceiling. I swear he was just trying to see how high he could get it. The
    > > bloody paw print half way up the wardrobe was interesting too.
    > >
    > > Oh, and his paw is better now. I can't even see where the cut was but it
    > > was
    > > definitely bleeding yesterday. For a cat who spent the first 4 months of
    > > his
    > > life locked up in a cattery he is definitely making up for lost time
    now.

    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Um, for blood perhaps :)
    > >> Anyway, I went to look around for it at mts2 and found this instead.
    > >> http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33000
    > >> Much more helpful and you were right :)
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > water

    LOL!!!!
    So we have a big blue genie and a madame mim here. How cool is that??? Can
    you say 'Disney', lmao!

    > Yep. short fat and purple (well one out of the three anyway) that's me.
    >
    > ;')
    >

    > I always liked the other Disney cartoon with her in it. The one where she
    > and Merlin have a battle of magic (I was quite disappointed in the Harry
    > Potter vision of a Wizards Duel). I want to be able to give people purple
    > measles.
    >
    > I have also been known to go by Merlin's Nemesis, but too many people call
    > me Morgan then, if I don't have to first explain to them what a Nemesis
    > is.
    > LOL
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    >> Aww poor guy :(
    >> But hey, the person with red water could also pretend it's
    >> wine.........might be good for a religious person :)
    >>
    >> Hmmm, Madame Mim, wasn't she in 'The Sword and the Stone', lol.
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> >I must be boring. I never even thought of that.
    >> >
    >> > On the subject of blood, yesterday I had to clean it off the ceiling in
    >> > the
    >> > spare room. My cat got his paw hurt (probably by fighting with a rat
    > down
    >> > in
    >> > the sheds) and he sat on top of the wardrobe (his favourite afternoon
    >> > resting place) and alternatively licked his paw and flicked the blood
    >> > on
    >> > the
    >> > ceiling. I swear he was just trying to see how high he could get it.
    >> > The
    >> > bloody paw print half way up the wardrobe was interesting too.
    >> >
    >> > Oh, and his paw is better now. I can't even see where the cut was but
    >> > it
    >> > was
    >> > definitely bleeding yesterday. For a cat who spent the first 4 months
    >> > of
    >> > his
    >> > life locked up in a cattery he is definitely making up for lost time
    > now.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    >> > water

    > as

    > red,

    Forget Disney. I wonder how many of us are cartoon characters? We used to
    have somebody who went by that Mixy Kitten for Sims1, she did some glorious
    buildings. I wonder if she's around here somewhere under a new name and just
    how many of us either use, or have used, cartoon character names?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > LOL!!!!
    > So we have a big blue genie and a madame mim here. How cool is that???
    Can
    > you say 'Disney', lmao!
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Yep. short fat and purple (well one out of the three anyway) that's me.
    > >
    > > ;')
    > >

    > > I always liked the other Disney cartoon with her in it. The one where
    she
    > > and Merlin have a battle of magic (I was quite disappointed in the Harry
    > > Potter vision of a Wizards Duel). I want to be able to give people
    purple
    > > measles.
    > >
    > > I have also been known to go by Merlin's Nemesis, but too many people
    call
    > > me Morgan then, if I don't have to first explain to them what a Nemesis
    > > is.
    > > LOL
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message
    > >> Aww poor guy :(
    > >> But hey, the person with red water could also pretend it's
    > >> wine.........might be good for a religious person :)
    > >>
    > >> Hmmm, Madame Mim, wasn't she in 'The Sword and the Stone', lol.
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    > > down

    > > now.

    > > as

    > > red,

    Well there is Charles Brown.............I guess the formal version of
    Charlie :)

    > Forget Disney. I wonder how many of us are cartoon characters? We used to
    > have somebody who went by that Mixy Kitten for Sims1, she did some
    > glorious
    > buildings. I wonder if she's around here somewhere under a new name and
    > just
    > how many of us either use, or have used, cartoon character names?
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    >> LOL!!!!
    >> So we have a big blue genie and a madame mim here. How cool is that???
    > Can
    >> you say 'Disney', lmao!
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > Yep. short fat and purple (well one out of the three anyway) that's me.
    >> >
    >> > ;')
    >> >

    >> > I always liked the other Disney cartoon with her in it. The one where
    > she
    >> > and Merlin have a battle of magic (I was quite disappointed in the
    >> > Harry
    >> > Potter vision of a Wizards Duel). I want to be able to give people
    > purple
    >> > measles.
    >> >
    >> > I have also been known to go by Merlin's Nemesis, but too many people
    > call
    >> > me Morgan then, if I don't have to first explain to them what a Nemesis
    >> > is.
    >> > LOL
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote in message

    > in
    >> > down

    >> > now.

    > make

    > isn't
    >> > as
    > just

    >> > red,

    Yeah it's because of a cheap, or inferior graphics card... the water shows
    up red on this computer but when I play it on my kids computer, built
    specifically for gaming... it's blue... And I doubt it's a hack as some
    downloaded houses with ponds are red on this one, blue on that one :)

    ~ jo

    http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/mysimpage.php?user_id=223269
    "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of her
    > properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red, what
    > would cause this problem? She has University as well.
    >
    > Tyvm,
    >
    > --
    > Isabeau :)
    >
    > ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    > 'by believing, one sees'

    Thanks alot for all the input, apparently it was the graphics card lol. She
    got it fixed.

    tyvm,

    --
    Isabeau :)

    ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    'by believing, one sees'
    > I believe it is due to the fact that her graphics card just isn't as good
    as
    > it could be. Unless she plans on upgrading her card she may just have to
    get
    > used to the red water.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of her
    > > properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red, what
    > > would cause this problem? She has University as well.
    > >
    > > Tyvm,
    > >
    > > --
    > > Isabeau :)
    > >
    > > ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    > > 'by believing, one sees'

    Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse? ;-)

    "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> schreef in bericht
    >I must be boring. I never even thought of that.

    <Yaaaaaaaaaaawn> ;o)

    I had red water with my old pute and really old video card, now all is
    pretty

    AM~

    >I believe it is due to the fact that her graphics card just isn't as good
    >as
    > it could be. Unless she plans on upgrading her card she may just have to
    > get
    > used to the red water.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >> My friend just e-mailed me about a problem she is having with one of her
    >> properties. She made a really nice lake but the water shows up red, what
    >> would cause this problem? She has University as well.
    >>
    >> Tyvm,
    >>
    >> --
    >> Isabeau :)
    >>
    >> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
    >> 'by believing, one sees'

    Guess I better update myself to my more fun name instead of my plain old
    default name

    AM~

Sims Games Video Games