Sign in with
Your question

POST fail!!!! no beep :(

Last response: in Systems
January 5, 2010 8:26:34 PM

hey guise,im kinda stuck here,as a 1st time builder i dont know what should i do now...

heres few thing i did try:
try with 1 ram
change the ram
move it into a different slot

but no matter what i do,it wont beep :fou: 

help anyone?

BTW spec:
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3
Phenom II X4 955
4GB ocz ram
Sapphire 5750 GPU
antec Neo Eco 620W PSU

More about : post fail beep

a b B Homebuilt system
January 5, 2010 8:35:58 PM

Do you have a system speaker installed? You won't hear any beeps without one. The READ before posting about boot problems! sticky at the top of the forum was created to troubleshoot this type of problem. You need to go through every step in the checklist to properly diagnose the problem.
m
l
January 5, 2010 8:39:09 PM

Did you install motherboard standoffs (the brass things under the motherboard that screw into the motherboard tray)?

Do the fans come on? If not, are you sure the front panel connectors are in the right place? Does the PSU have a power switch and is it turned on? Does the PSU have a voltage switch and is it set to the proper voltage?

remove everything but PSU, motherboard, proc, and HSF (not even memory). Does that do anything? it should beep.

Do you have spare parts to sub in for testing? Could be an actually faulty part that needs to be replaced.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2010 8:43:48 PM

no speaker thing,but there is no splash screen,my monitor just stay on powersave mode

and yes,i did went through the list :) 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 5, 2010 8:49:16 PM

DDR3 1333 ?......... do you get into the bios at all ?........ Is the 4/8 pin power plug plugged in... the one up by the processor..... that board is pretty new, should have a speaker built in.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 5, 2010 8:51:57 PM

I highly doubt the motherboard has a speaker built in. None of the recent motherboards I've used (including Asus) have had one. There's a link to where to get one for cheap in the troubleshooting sticky.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 5, 2010 9:22:09 PM

I agree that it sounds like you forgot to plug in the 4-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket. It has to be plugged in as well as the main 24-pin motherboard connector. The CPU power connector sits right next to a heatsink on the board.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImag...

That's a very common mistake and why it's #2 on the checklist.
m
l
January 5, 2010 9:31:44 PM

it work thank guys
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
January 5, 2010 9:42:37 PM

What was the problem?
m
l
January 5, 2010 11:08:15 PM

4pin CPU plug i'm guessing... I always browse quickly through the manual of ANYthing i buy... who else is with me? :p 

Videocards, maybe not, but for SURE on new mobos :) 
m
l
January 6, 2010 2:17:42 PM

so it was not working because you did not put the power cord!"!!!!!!!
m
l
!