Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

GTS 250 & Dual Core CPU @ 2.7 GHz?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 1, 2010 8:11:35 PM

Is it alright if I put GTS 250 on my PC? Is it going to bottleneck?

My current rig right now is:
AMD Athlon64 X2 5200 2.7 GHz
ASUS M2N-MX SE PLUS
4GB DDR2 (2x2GB) PC-6400 800 MHz
160GB 650GB
9600GT <- wanna change it to GTS 250
DVD-RW
500W PP

Thanks b4 :D 
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2010 1:06:33 AM

I think it's gonna be okay... :) 
m
0
l
January 2, 2010 11:22:17 AM

wa1 said:
I think it's gonna be okay... :) 
oh really? that's great then... :bounce: 

hhmm... how about GTX 260? is it gonna be OK?
since the difference is just around 50~75$ more expensive (IMO) and much better performance than GTS 250... :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2010 12:02:10 PM

Depend on your PSU, what model your PSU? Brand?
List the specification's here...
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2010 2:52:40 PM

All i could get out of that PSU spec page is 500w, no mention of the amps on the 12v line, but with overpower protection, even if it calves out on you, the rest of your system should be fine. I am guessing it will power a 260 ok, assuming it hasn't lost too much of it's juice through age.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
January 2, 2010 5:23:27 PM

I never heard that brand, but if it have 80+% efficiency and overpower protection then i assume it's a good PSU... :) 
m
0
l
January 4, 2010 1:33:56 PM

JofaMang said:
All i could get out of that PSU spec page is 500w, no mention of the amps on the 12v line, but with overpower protection, even if it calves out on you, the rest of your system should be fine. I am guessing it will power a 260 ok, assuming it hasn't lost too much of it's juice through age.

so it's really ok to put gtx 260 896mb on my PC? alrighy, thanks :D 

wa1 said:
I never heard that brand, but if it have 80+% efficiency and overpower protection then i assume it's a good PSU... :) 

yeah it's taiwan's psu that maybe only can find around asia, it's a good 80+ psu though hehehe
I can run gtx 260 896mb on that PSU, yes? :D 

:bounce: 
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
January 4, 2010 11:58:18 PM

Wait the minute, what model do u want to get? brand?
Just take a look at this as example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It says that u must have at least 525W PCI Express-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 38A or more and Two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors -or- One 6-pin PCI Express and two 4-pin peripheral supplementary power connectors.
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 7:02:12 AM

wa1 said:
Wait the minute, what model do u want to get? brand?
Just take a look at this as example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

It says that u must have at least 525W PCI Express-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 38A or more and Two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors -or- One 6-pin PCI Express and two 4-pin peripheral supplementary power connectors.


Quote:
probably not.

OMG i;m scared to put gtx 260 on my pc, i should better stick with gts 250 then? :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 8:23:24 AM

Since we don't know yet the amps on the 12v line, i say u will be much safer with GTS 250...
Well, that's just me. Anyone?
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 8:53:55 AM

I'll post it down:

AC Input: 200-240Vac ~ 4A, 50~60Hz
DC Output: +3.3V | +5V | +12V1 | +12V2 | -12V | +5Vsb
Max Output Current: 24A | 20A | 18A | 18A | 0.3A | 2.5A
Max Combined Power: 120W | 408W | 16W
Total Power: 500W
Max Peak Power : 550W

how is it?
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 12:11:40 PM

hehehe thanks you so much wa1 :D  :D 

but maybe soon I'll buy biostar ta760g m2+ & amd athlon II x4 260 instead of gts 250 :p 
the price's almost the same xD
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 12:15:01 PM

im running hd 4850(=gts 250) with my dual core at @2.8...and it bottlenecks. Do ur math.
m
0
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
January 5, 2010 4:22:12 PM

Okay.. it's up to u... :) 
m
0
l
January 5, 2010 9:30:34 PM

shohag2018 said:
im running hd 4850(=gts 250) with my dual core at @2.8...and it bottlenecks. Do ur math.



I'm noob; what's bottleneck? Are the GPU and CPU having conflicts?
m
0
l
!