New build testing question

Scottk517

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
please help!!!

I just built an i7 920 with msi x58 pro in an cooler master 690 case. I ran all the programs in the sticky and after running prime 95 a few minutes the temp for my core went to 85 degree celceus. under no load it is at 38 degrees celceus. Is that normal or do i need to do somerthing? I am using the stock intel cooler with the stock paste. No plans to oc eeither.

\thanks

Scott

-----

At full load the temperature is the same? NOT with prime 95, i mean if with games the temperature also is 85C. The artic silver is a good option, the fans of your case aren't too big.

Scottk517

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
The temps at idle were under 40*c and I have not run it otherwise.... As for proper HS install not really sure what you mean. It is seated properly, maybe just the stock heat transfer paste stinks and some better paste will fix it. The 4 screws are all in correctly and it is snug. I do not understand what you could mean by improper install given that it looks right and is snug. I am sorry if this sounds like I am questioning that like I know it all. I don't... I "think" it is in right and it "looks" right to me. I have installed 3 HS previous to this one and theyall worked fine and they look and feel the same a this one.. How could I tell if it is impropely installed except for obvious things? Thanks in advance for the help

Scott

---

Sounds like an improper HS install.

That's mean that the heatsink (HS) of your processor could not be installed correctly.