Hello guys,I am n Newbie :pt1cable: to Overclocking
and need i your help
I have an Processor same as Darky's Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @2.93Ghz and RAM-3GB
OS- Windows XP SP3 32bit
And an ASUS EN8400GS 512MB Graphics Card

I have an Hewlett Packard (HP Pro 3090MT)PC which is now nearly 16 months old
i wanna overclock the CPU till 3.2 or 3.5Ghz
(if there is no risk in)

Is there any tool which would let me to overclock my CPU without messing in the BIOS menu

Cause i have overclocked my Graphic Card with the bundled software named-ASUS Smartdoctor provided as an utility with its Drivers CD

Thx guys :)

drums101

Distinguished
unfortunatly since your pc is built by HP they put a locked BIOS on your motherboard so this means that you will not be able to OC your core 2 duo....if you are really intent on oc'ing this cpu you could try and get a new motherboard that will allow you to do it...otherwise you are SOL

brucethan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hey ain't there any way to remove the lock on the BIOS (Please Excuse me if i am Wrong)
and one thing more i had downloaded Orthos probably i read its name somewhere
i played with it for some while and got to know that it stresses the CPU
Getting to the point so is it safe and useful if i use Orthos to Stress my CPU if i totally can't OC my Processor

If u have an better option for Orthos Please tell me i would be glad to know

drums101

Distinguished

There is no way to get around an unlocked BIOS the only thing you could do is get a new motherboard..not the best way to go bc you are putting money into an old system. also you can guarantee that what was in there was standard size. If you still want to stress test your cpu then a good program for that is called Prime95...really no need to if your cpu is at stock speeds unless you suspect it is unstable or something

brucethan

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
Hey Dude i just read in a forum that a software called setFSB can help me to OC my C2D, er can it?
And ya one more thing is Orthos useful to me if i can't OC my C2D??

drums101

Distinguished
unfortunately all that program does is set the FSB in the BIOS from within windows....which you cannot do in a locked BIOS. That option is not available in a locked BIOS....there really is no way of getting around a locked BIOS your only option is to get a new motherboard which might not be the best course of action putting money into an old rig....no orthos would not be useful to you if you dont OC.