• Radeon
  • Sapphire
  • PCI Express
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
January 1, 2010 11:31:33 PM

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help.

I'm planning on buying a 5770 card, but I can't decide which. The ones I have had my eye on recently have been the XFX and Sapphire versions. My motherboard supports PCI-E 2.0 and I know the XFX card is PCI-E 2.0 compatable, but I have seen mixed reports on the Sapphire. Some say it's PCI-E 2.1 and some say it's 2.0. Anyone know which? I was also planning on getting a blu-ray drive, so which would be best for that? And overall, which is best for price and performance? Thanks in advance,

Matt.

More about : radeon 5770

January 2, 2010 12:29:39 AM

It doesn't matter which, all PCI-E slots are backward compatible.
I would get the cheaper one.
January 2, 2010 1:22:27 AM

agree with sabot, any graphic cards are backward compatible with your mobo...
XFX offer u longer warranty and sapphire give u better cooler... Your choice. :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
January 2, 2010 9:53:06 PM

Sapphire's new version? Or the old, also, is Vapor-x any good?
January 2, 2010 10:38:20 PM

Vapor-X uses a Vapor cooling solution instead of copper.
Anonymous
January 2, 2010 11:15:33 PM

Is it any better in performance then? Do you know anything about how quite it is, or how it compares to ati's base model?
January 3, 2010 6:39:21 AM

I too am interested in which is the best 5770 to buy. I want to overclock the memory at least. Seems to get good results in the recent overclocking test.
Anonymous
January 3, 2010 7:12:36 PM

Yeah, I'll probably give it a go at overclocking the memory. I like XFX's model, you get quite a few extras with it, it looks awesome, and the warranty is a plus.
January 3, 2010 7:15:19 PM

Vapor cooling is better & lighter than a copper block, if overclocking, you should probably get the Vapor-X, it gives you a good 5-10 degree less over ambient than the reference cooler.
!