Radeon HD 5770

G

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help.

I'm planning on buying a 5770 card, but I can't decide which. The ones I have had my eye on recently have been the XFX and Sapphire versions. My motherboard supports PCI-E 2.0 and I know the XFX card is PCI-E 2.0 compatable, but I have seen mixed reports on the Sapphire. Some say it's PCI-E 2.1 and some say it's 2.0. Anyone know which? I was also planning on getting a blu-ray drive, so which would be best for that? And overall, which is best for price and performance? Thanks in advance,

Matt.

G

Sapphire's new version? Or the old, also, is Vapor-x any good?

G

Is it any better in performance then? Do you know anything about how quite it is, or how it compares to ati's base model?

uther100

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2003
I too am interested in which is the best 5770 to buy. I want to overclock the memory at least. Seems to get good results in the recent overclocking test.

G

Yeah, I'll probably give it a go at overclocking the memory. I like XFX's model, you get quite a few extras with it, it looks awesome, and the warranty is a plus.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
Vapor cooling is better & lighter than a copper block, if overclocking, you should probably get the Vapor-X, it gives you a good 5-10 degree less over ambient than the reference cooler.