Sign in with
Your question

(SOLVED) Font "fuzz problem" on Samsung 2233SW?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Laptops
  • Samsung
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 2, 2010 12:41:17 AM

Hi - sorry for the exceedingly noob question, but I just bought a 21.5" Samsung 2233SW. The brightness of this display is nice, size is great and it was relatively cheap - $189. I hooked my laptop up to it through the VGA cable. It looks nice, but the fonts are bothering me - there is a "fuzziness" to them that is decidedly absent when I use my laptop's display.

The native resolution of the 2233SW is 1920 x 1080, and the resolution of my laptop display is 1280 x 800. I know they have different aspect ratios, but would this account for the font looking so different?

The main reasons I'm asking are 1) I have no experience whatsoever with LCD displays and 2) in the store, I looked at a desktop displayed on an HP 2159m 21.5" at 1920 x 1080 and the font didn't seem to have this problem. The fonts seemed nice and crisp, just like they seem on my laptop's screen.

I am wondering if this is something I can change by tweaking some settings, or this is just something inherent about the monitor. If it helps, my laptop's display specs: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT video card, 1280 x 800 WXGA glossy display.

Can I fix this? Was I hallucinating about the fonts on the HP 2159m at the store? Is this an absurd worry? Gracias!

More about : solved font fuzz problem samsung 2233sw

a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2010 12:37:44 PM

Did u mean u are seeing everything blurry?I also have this monitor,so i am sure i can solve this!
m
l
a b U Graphics card
January 2, 2010 12:39:34 PM

press the Secound button from bottom to top,It will auto adjust the image and will surely solve this problem(I think)
m
l
January 2, 2010 4:20:09 PM

Aneesh - my friend, you solved it! Thank you so much.
m
l
!