Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ssd/hdd ahci problems.

Last response: in Storage
December 24, 2011 12:49:03 AM

Hi, I have some sort of a problem...
So I have recently just bought a OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB and I also have my 500GB WD Green Cavlier HDD.
At first I installed the ssd into my computer like how I should, and when I boot my computer everything works fine, but I do not see my SSD showing up as storage. (This was when I was trying to update the firmware, kinda got frustrated cause it wasn't showing up) and then when I restart the computer, going into bios and switching from IDE to AHCI
my computer seems to reboot after the Windows 7 logo repeatedly.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, as this is my first time installing an ssd into my computer.

Any help would be fully appreciated.

*Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
**As of now, I already installed windows 7 onto my SSD with no updated firmware and whatnot.
I still also have my saved files on my HDD as well.

More about : ssd hdd ahci problems

Best solution

December 24, 2011 1:29:53 PM

Solution: set your SATA mode back to IDE in BIOS, boot into windows, got to regedit (google where you can enable AHCI in the registry), activate AHCI , reboot, go into BIOS and set SATA mode back to AHCI. After theese steps your AHCI drivers in Windows will automaticaly install.
Related resources
a c 82 G Storage
December 24, 2011 1:35:33 PM

The drivers are already installed with Windows 7.
m
l
December 24, 2011 3:20:14 PM

Hmm, I tried differently I think and it now works. I went into both drives and changed to AHCI if anything, (Plugging one at a time) But afterwards I just switched the sata cable, making the ocz the first boot drive (or so I think, I'm a newb) But everything seems to load up fine as of now.
m
l
December 24, 2011 3:24:27 PM

Best answer selected by KeesX.
m
l
!