Solved

Ssd/hdd ahci problems.

Hi, I have some sort of a problem...
So I have recently just bought a OCZ Agility 3 SSD 120GB and I also have my 500GB WD Green Cavlier HDD.
At first I installed the ssd into my computer like how I should, and when I boot my computer everything works fine, but I do not see my SSD showing up as storage. (This was when I was trying to update the firmware, kinda got frustrated cause it wasn't showing up) and then when I restart the computer, going into bios and switching from IDE to AHCI
my computer seems to reboot after the Windows 7 logo repeatedly.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong, as this is my first time installing an ssd into my computer.

Any help would be fully appreciated.

*Motherboard: ASUS M4A79T Deluxe
**As of now, I already installed windows 7 onto my SSD with no updated firmware and whatnot.
I still also have my saved files on my HDD as well.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ahci problems
  1. You have that issue because you installed the OS with the SATA controller in IDE mode. The solution is here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
  2. Best answer
    Solution: set your SATA mode back to IDE in BIOS, boot into windows, got to regedit (google where you can enable AHCI in the registry), activate AHCI , reboot, go into BIOS and set SATA mode back to AHCI. After theese steps your AHCI drivers in Windows will automaticaly install.
  3. The drivers are already installed with Windows 7.
  4. Hmm, I tried differently I think and it now works. I went into both drives and changed to AHCI if anything, (Plugging one at a time) But afterwards I just switched the sata cable, making the ocz the first boot drive (or so I think, I'm a newb) But everything seems to load up fine as of now.
  5. Best answer selected by KeesX.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Computer Hard Drives Storage