Sign in with
Your question

ASRock x58 board error code

Last response: in Motherboards
July 31, 2010 3:18:59 AM

My pc as of late has been having an error code of "99." The board is an ASRock x58 extreme. Nothing at all has been changed. So far I have not noticed a problem other than it posting "99." It boots fine and doesn't freeze up while on but I am concerned it is a problem that will get worse depending on what it is.

Specs:
- ASRock x58 extreme
- i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz
- 3 gigs crucial mem.
- XFX Nvidia 250 gts
- 750 watt ps
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 14, 2010 4:59:36 PM

I am facing same problem on same mobo. Did you find anything as I am getting errors transferring files from/to 2 separate HDD.
thanks,
m
l
August 14, 2010 7:51:18 PM

no i haven't found anything yet. so far i am not having noticable problems with my pc but obviously its detecting something. went through tech support and they told me 99 is the same as AA. that makes absolutely no sense to me. if that were the case it wouldn't have changed if it didn't detect something
m
l
Related resources
August 15, 2010 5:48:47 PM

bigheadbran said:
My pc as of late has been having an error code of "99." The board is an ASRock x58 extreme. Nothing at all has been changed. So far I have not noticed a problem other than it posting "99." It boots fine and doesn't freeze up while on but I am concerned it is a problem that will get worse depending on what it is.

Specs:
- ASRock x58 extreme
- i7 920 @ 2.66 ghz
- 3 gigs crucial mem.
- XFX Nvidia 250 gts
- 750 watt ps

Hi, I've got the same board. I haven't seen a 99 yet. But I often get an AA or a 10 after windows loads. The descriptions of the various codes are in the mb manual. There is NO 99 or 10 listed. LOL I understand that the AA is when POST completes and the BIOS turns over control to load the OS. I think it sucks that these companies can't post more clear and complete documentation. I basically go by the "If it aint broke dont fix it" approach. I'm trying to find what a "10" means.
m
l
August 19, 2010 8:40:27 PM

I always got AA when i loaded up before with my ATi 5850, but ever since I put a GTS 250 in for physx and installed nvidia drivers, it says 99.
m
l
August 21, 2010 4:30:06 AM

yeah i might have something to do with the gfx driver. i've got the gts 250 as well. could just be a goofy glitch in coding. yeah very frustrated that big campanies don't take the time to help the customers at all, or list what there codes mean.
m
l
!