Drifting Mouse on Dell Inspiron 8000

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
July 21, 2004 9:18:15 AM

Dear all,

My personal (temporarily) solution to the drifting mouse: just lift
(several times) the left-frontside of the Dell Inspiron 8000 and
alternate with lifting the right-frontside; which is perfect possible
due to the absence of suffucient rigidness in the construction of the
Dell machine.

The same absence of suffucient rigidness is possibly the reason of the
problem: it causes to my opninion after some time a fysical
malfunction of the keyboard/touchpad(-connections?).
Because: after replacing my keyboard the problem has vanished sofar.

Bert FS.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 21, 2004 5:59:35 PM

I have a dell Lattitude C600 that does the same, and I think it's
the pointing stick. I never use it so I disabled it and the problem
seems to have gone.

HTH.

--

Vu.