Server service starts in paused state

TB

Windows XP Pro SP2 which is part of a domain with default GPO.

For some odd reason, the server service starts in a paused state. I
can "net continue" the service and it starts without issue. There are
no event logs to indicate any type of startup failure or anything of
the like. I have searched the registry for lanmanserver to see if it
was being passed any startup options but have come up with nothing. I
also searched for a possible offending program but again I have come
up empty handed. This is a fairly new build, so I cannot be certain
when this behavior began. Usenet searches and MS Support searches
have not produced any useful results. I'm stumped.

If anyone has heard of or experienced this issue, help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks,

TB

TB,

I have just today experienced the same problem with the PC of a friend
of mine running Windows XP Home SP2.
Have you been able to come up with a solution/fix? - If so, any hints
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Wolfgang