intensityfims

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Hey guys! I'm debating whether to get the RS240 from XSPC. I'm looking for a good water cooler for about that price range. I'm wondering is there anything better by another company similar in prices? The most I'm willing to go is $20 - $30 over the $130 price tag, but if it could stay in the same price range that would be appreciated! It has to be a kit similar to the RS240. Thanks for the help in advance!! :D

Solution
It looks to me like that RS 240 kit is pretty nice and it has interchangeable face plates for the resivoir and XSPC i an up and coming company in the water cooling area. They have recently added some nice products and I use thier radiators and som of thier fittings.
It looks to me like that RS 240 kit is pretty nice and it has interchangeable face plates for the resivoir and XSPC i an up and coming company in the water cooling area. They have recently added some nice products and I use thier radiators and som of thier fittings.

Solution

intensityfims

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Now a second question, I am very worried about water leakage. I'm very new to Water-cooling, this is going to be my first kit and I am wondering how possible is water leaking? And, are there any possible ways to truly prevent it?

The thing with leaks is that with the computer turned on if there is a leak then the liquid can get on parts that have curent in them and cause a short. So the way around that is to test the system with power going to just the pump and to get the power supply to turn on you can use what's called the paper clip test. You take a jumper wire and strip both ends and then take the main power connector out of the motherboard socket and insert the ends into the green and black wire holes. That will turn on the power supply and what ever is connected to it so that you can run the pump and have no other parts turn on.That way if there is a leak you can clean it up and fix the leak and test again untill you are free of leaks.
You can also check and recheck your fittings to make sure that everything is tight.

http://dodji.seketeli.com/downloads/shuttle-psu-paper-clip-test.pdf

intensityfims

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for the tips! The one great thing about the RS240, it actually comes with a power supply adapter that you just put on the 24 pin, and it already has the looped circuit, but instead of a paper clip it actually is a wire. So it's nice of them and a bit easier to use, and definitely convenient!