Female-to-female 4 pin connector?

srulix

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hello,

I recently purchased a computer, with a case of Ikonik EN-1. On the outside panel, it has an eSATA and 4-pin male connector (I believe these are called "Molex" connectors). I wanted to plug in a hard disk to it to get all my old data from it. I purchased an eSATA-SATA cable, and that plugs in just fine. I have from my old computer a power plug, but that's also 4-pin male to SATA power.

So, the way I see it, my options are either purchase a 4-pin female-to-female Molex connector, or purchase a 4-pin female Molex to SATA power connector. From a quick look at dealextreme, I couldn't find either.

I guess my question is, how do you go about powering your Hard-Drive from an external male molex connector slot?

Thanks,

srulix

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Thanks. It doesn't make any sense to me though, it seems that standard sata power cables are male molex to sata, so why would the external outlet be a male one as well? Is it just a design mistake by the case producer, or is there something I'm missing? I'm asking because I'm very new to this - up until a couple of weeks ago I didn't understand why the eSATA outlet didn't plug to my SATA-to-SATA cable :)