What is the right motherboard for my system?

usuariodvd

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
I'm going o update my current rampage formula w/q8300 to an amd 890fx chipset one and I want to know which motherboard is the best for me:
The Asus Crosshair IV Formula (looks really, really cool and looks matter)
Gigabyte's GA-890FXA-UD5 (looks cheaper and in deed it is)
I would also like to know what cpu woud be better to get (I'm not planing to do any heavy overclock, but certainly i will do a slight tweak runing on the stock cooler) a 1055t or a 965 x4. Do u think it will be able to run crysis 2 when its out (i currently have an HD4770 and i wont upgrade until the game is out). Thanks.

lowriderflow

Distinguished
It's really your call on the motherboard. I've always used gigabyte and never had any issues. Obviously if you have a sidepanel window on your rig with some LEDs and stuff... the black/red of the Asus is going to look alot more bada$$ than the gigabyte baby blue cookie monster color.

For gaming... the 965 will be better b/c of the higher clocks. *if you really do alot of 'demanding' multitasking and editing, then the 6core will be beneficial. Of course demanding is a relative term. ultimately, they're both great processors. If gaming is your priority (and it sounds like it is), then go with the 965