Sims 2 University Installation Error - Please Help!!!

Tags:
  • Sims
  • Installation Error
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 4, 2005 3:26:50 PM

I have recently bought the Sims 2 University. I have tried to insall it
many of time and have had no luck! It seems to install ok but when it
checks that the Sims 2 is up to date and asks you to put in CD4 it pops
up with a box that says...

"The update proccess did not complete successfully. Installation will
now terminate."

I have read a few posts which told me to uninstall The Sims 2 and then
reinstall both - this din't work. I have also removed all traces of The
Sims 2 ever being on my PC including searching for and deleting anthing
related to the sims 2 in the registry - this, again didn't work.

I have well and truly run out of ideas and to be perfectly honest I'm
not sure its really worth the hassle! But when you pay £20 you want it
to work.

I am running Windows XP, with plenty of RAM and Proccessing power.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards
Dan

More about : sims university installation error

Anonymous
May 7, 2005 7:07:00 AM

On 4 May 2005 11:26:50 -0700, "essexboys" <djdhollinshead@aol.com>
wrote:

>I have recently bought the Sims 2 University. I have tried to insall it
>many of time and have had no luck! It seems to install ok but when it
>checks that the Sims 2 is up to date and asks you to put in CD4 it pops
>up with a box that says...
>
>"The update proccess did not complete successfully. Installation will
>now terminate."
>
>I have read a few posts which told me to uninstall The Sims 2 and then
>reinstall both - this din't work. I have also removed all traces of The
>Sims 2 ever being on my PC including searching for and deleting anthing
>related to the sims 2 in the registry - this, again didn't work.

I had the same problem with the Sims 2 DVD edition where I TRIED
installing and reinstalling BOTH Sims 2 and University. Since its
been awhile, I can't remember exactly what I did to correct the
problem. However I THINK my problem had something to do with me using
Custom Careers Hacks in my Sims 2 game...

>I have well and truly run out of ideas and to be perfectly honest I'm
>not sure its really worth the hassle! But when you pay £20 you want it
>to work.

It's worth it! ^_^ Graduates have 2 MORE Wants for a total of 6, and
One more Lock so they can keep a 2nd Good/Great want... After your
sims first or second year at college (I forget which), you're also
able to change your sims lifetime Aspiration. Which means that your
sim can start college with a Knowledge (or Other) Aspiration AND End
college with a Different Aspiration... Plus they can start some
future jobs at a higher Starting base job, IF their job is related to
their college major and/or they graduated with some type of honors.

BTW, IF you're playing University with several of your sims in the
same dorm, to keep them on the Same class schedule, DON'T declare
their various Majors UNTIL they reach the second semester of their
Junior year!

>I am running Windows XP, with plenty of RAM and Proccessing power.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>Regards
>Dan

That's my 2¢,

FTA

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

-Martin Luther King Jr.
!