Toshiba A45-S151 - turn sound back on?

When she was in Windows, somehow she turned off the sound on her new laptop. I
believe it was some combo of keys, but maybe it was from a control panel
somehwere. She can't remember how she did it.

We now run Linux.

We can go back to Windows. Does anyone know how to turn on the sound there?
Can it be done in Linux?

Thanks,
Al
3 answers Last reply
More about toshiba s151 turn sound back

    Check that the external volume control KNOB has not accidentally been
    turned down all the way. This is a real knob that turns, not an
    on-screen control. There is nothing else that would impact the sound in
    both operating systems.

    Al C. wrote:
    > When she was in Windows, somehow she turned off the sound on her new
    > laptop. I believe it was some combo of keys, but maybe it was from a
    > control panel somehwere. She can't remember how she did it.
    >
    > We now run Linux.
    >
    > We can go back to Windows. Does anyone know how to turn on the sound
    > there? Can it be done in Linux?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Al

    On my Toshiba Satellite pressing <Fn> + <Esc> will toggle the sound On /
    Off.
  3. I've been a tech for years and even I had mistaken which direction the volume knob was to be turned until I looked closely at it.

Laptops Toshiba Linux