Micro board in an ATX only case

Photron

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
First, let me say that I'm in that catagory..yea I know just enough to be dangerous...and I don't have anything to spend right now anyway...so...that being said I was wordering if it's just a matter of drilling some new holes for the screws, or is it really a lot more involved to put a micro board into a case that says ATX where it list the boards that it would support (the 300 Illusion) or maybe I should spend the extra couple of bucks and get the AZZA full tower
Salano. It seems that no case has full positive reviews as they all have a couple of things that are not quite as good as they could be so what you have to go by is mostly just how much you want / can spend..so low budget people need to settle for some good parts in a funtional case and forget the bells and wistles...

The 300 Illusion should support mATX boards. Well, support and fit are different. You may have to add new holes and standoffs.

I would just find on that fits both mATX and ATX. You don't need a full tower for that. In fact, here's probably the best case out, the HAF 922, for only $10 more that will fit either board, and (almost) anything you can put in it.

And nothing will have 100% positive reviews. And you shouldn't rely on user reviews for quality or performance. Most user reviewers have no idea what they're doing, and shouldn't be allowed near tech.

dpaul8

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
According to the Antec website, the 300 Illusion case does support micro-ATX motherboards:
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ=

Most, if not all, ATX cases will also support micro-ATX motherboards. The manufacturer just has to drill a few more holes, and they open up their case for use with more motherboards.

It's the Illusion.

I just checked Newegg's specs for the compatibility. Frankly, I was surprised it was only ATX (which is wrong apparantly). After all, I know all the other Antec mid towers support both (200, 300, 900, 902). That would make it the only mid tower I can think of that doesn't do both mATX and ATX.

Photron

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008

As much as I depend on manufcturer's web sites, I never thought to look at Antec's for this info...thanks a lot.
Now of course I wish I could remember that site (I saw it on Yahoo Answers but forgot to bookmark it !) that
tells you the phisical dimentions of most G-cards (as the details on say Newegg, don't even give you the MPR
on some of the cards let alone the actual sizes) cause you sometimes have a hard time even on the manufacturer's site finding that info so now the haf 922 is just over 2" longer than the 300 so it shouldn't have any problems/w G-cards...but you loose the side vent/ fan...I guess that's what I meant by no case does exactly what you want it to.