Sign in with
Your question

Micro board in an ATX only case

Last response: in Systems
January 6, 2010 4:41:15 PM

First, let me say that I'm in that catagory..yea I know just enough to be dangerous...and I don't have anything to spend right now anyway...so...that being said I was wordering if it's just a matter of drilling some new holes for the screws, or is it really a lot more involved to put a micro board into a case that says ATX where it list the boards that it would support (the 300 Illusion) or maybe I should spend the extra couple of bucks and get the AZZA full tower
Salano. It seems that no case has full positive reviews as they all have a couple of things that are not quite as good as they could be so what you have to go by is mostly just how much you want / can spend..so low budget people need to settle for some good parts in a funtional case and forget the bells and wistles...

More about : micro board atx case

January 6, 2010 4:46:33 PM

The 300 Illusion should support mATX boards. Well, support and fit are different. You may have to add new holes and standoffs.

I would just find on that fits both mATX and ATX. You don't need a full tower for that. In fact, here's probably the best case out, the HAF 922, for only $10 more that will fit either board, and (almost) anything you can put in it.

And nothing will have 100% positive reviews. And you shouldn't rely on user reviews for quality or performance. Most user reviewers have no idea what they're doing, and shouldn't be allowed near tech.
m
l
January 6, 2010 4:58:21 PM

According to the Antec website, the 300 Illusion case does support micro-ATX motherboards:
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ=

Most, if not all, ATX cases will also support micro-ATX motherboards. The manufacturer just has to drill a few more holes, and they open up their case for use with more motherboards.
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2010 5:07:52 PM

It's the Illusion.

I just checked Newegg's specs for the compatibility. Frankly, I was surprised it was only ATX (which is wrong apparantly). After all, I know all the other Antec mid towers support both (200, 300, 900, 902). That would make it the only mid tower I can think of that doesn't do both mATX and ATX.
m
l
January 6, 2010 6:16:06 PM

dpaul8 said:
According to the Antec website, the 300 Illusion case does support micro-ATX motherboards:
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ=

Most, if not all, ATX cases will also support micro-ATX motherboards. The manufacturer just has to drill a few more holes, and they open up their case for use with more motherboards.

As much as I depend on manufcturer's web sites, I never thought to look at Antec's for this info...thanks a lot.
Now of course I wish I could remember that site (I saw it on Yahoo Answers but forgot to bookmark it !) that
tells you the phisical dimentions of most G-cards (as the details on say Newegg, don't even give you the MPR
on some of the cards let alone the actual sizes) cause you sometimes have a hard time even on the manufacturer's site finding that info so now the haf 922 is just over 2" longer than the 300 so it shouldn't have any problems/w G-cards...but you loose the side vent/ fan...I guess that's what I meant by no case does exactly what you want it to.
m
l
January 6, 2010 6:18:43 PM

I apriciate all the replies and I think the majority of the problem is in my head
instead of with the case.
m
l
!